X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Assistance Payors???

Hello there,
    I will be honest and say I had hoped that I would not have to seek the advice of you fine people again, but here we go again...!

I have a few questions and I will keep brief. If more info needed, just let me know.

17yr old stepson moved in with us by choice as of May 29, 2012. We have a letter from Mom agreeing as such for whatever thats worth.
    One 14 yr old son still lives with Mom, so Split Custody arrangement. Mom lives two hours away.Boys old enough to decide visitation and do so on both sides frequently.Go Bus provides transport so very convenient access arrangement.

We filled out Form 15D, Motion to Change with consent. We were hoping to make this as fast and easy as possible as we are struggling with having a 17 year live with us as well as still having paycheck deductions for two. We even went so far as to not bother asking for offset or CS from her to maybe encourage co-operation on her part. WE are just so happy to have him with us and thriving, that it didn't seem important.

Problem......Mom on Social Assistance, her case is assigned. She is now backing out of filing with consent, and we can't file ourselves, without Social Services consent and we have no way to get their consent, as they can't discuss anything with us due to privacy.

What do we do?
    A lawyer is out of the question. We figure we will have to refile, but how do we get Assignee consent?

If we do decide to apply for CS from mom and pay offset, is that even possible? Do you pay CS when on Social Assistance? ( Mom has been gainfully employed as recently as 3 years ago, as a bi-law enforcement officer, making upwards of 50,000 per yr but was fired)She now lives with boyfriend and on assistance.

And finally, is it possible for us to change courts and file in our area? as hubby started new job and very difficult to ask for time off to drive to Moms area everytime we have to file?

Thanks to all for past, present and future help......

You can file in your own jurasdiction to cancel CS for the 17 year old.

Welfare recipiants do not pay CS.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X