This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding form T2151

I need to fill this form as I'm transferring money from my DPSP to my STBX as per separation agreement. For the life of me, I cannot figure out who fills part A,C, and D under 'Area I - Applicant'. Is it me or my spouse?

Thanks

Applicant is the plan member or beneficiary asking for the transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post
      Applicant is the plan member or beneficiary asking for the transfer.
      I can see that on the last page but it still does not make sense because if you look at Part D, it says transfer to my....if I'm the applicant then I need to transfer to her account not my.

Comment

I think you as Applicant fill out part A & C.
        Part D says my because that section is filled out (by the transferor) to reflect the recipient's info.
        Would be kind of redundant for you to fill out your plan info in part A and again in part D.

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post
          I think you as Applicant fill out part A & C.
          Part D says my because that section is filled out (by the transferor) to reflect the recipient's info.
          Would be kind of redundant for you to fill out your plan info in part A and again in part D.
          That would make sense but then if you look, Part A to D are all under Applicant. This is the most confusing form ever!

Comment

Maybe you are expected to have the money transferred into your own bank account and write the ex a cheque. That makes more sense to me than for an ex to have to give you banking information.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X