X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Motion - Help!

Hi all,

I've finished up my custody and finances, and my ex stalled on doing anything on the divorce (after she started), and I have quite the legal bill to pay off, so I thought I'd try to do a simple divorce on my own.

I got the initial forms filled out and issued, however, my clearance certificate came back denied, stating my ex- filed an initial application 3 years ago, and my simple claim cannot be approved. I went back to the original claim, and what it was included in was the financial claim, and a case conference, in which the original lawyer asked for my consent for there to be a divorce, to which I consented.

Now the court clerk wasn't able to offer me specific advice, other than I can use the Form 14: Notice of Motion form to ask for a divorce. So, in filling out the forms:

1) The motion is based on the initial court order number, not mine, correct?

2) Am I requesting consent to grant my new divorce, consent to the judge to finalize the original divorce, or something else?

3) Is there a sample anywhere of what I should be putting on Page 2 for what order I am requesting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... thanks!

Is this okay? Here is what I typed up ...

The Respondant, [ME] requests of the court a Motion to resolve a pending divorce order.

The Applicant, [EXWIFE], and the Respondant, [ME] were married on March 30, 1996 and have been separated since July 7, 2007.

A motion for child access and custody (file [NUMBER1]) was initiated by the Applicant, [ME] on October 18, 2007, and was resolved with a final order given on October 24, 2008 to the Applicant, [ME], and the Respondant, [EXWIFE].

In response to the access and custody motion, an application for divorce ([NUMBER2]) was initiated on November 30, 2007 and resulted in a case conference on March 30, 2009, to which both the Applicant, [EXWIFE] and the Respondant, [ME] resolved all financial matters and an order was issued that “The divorce is severed from corollary relief and may be brought by the Applicant, [EXWIFE], for a divorce on an uncontested basis.”

As there has been no action by the Applicant, [EXWIFE], since March 30, 2009, an attempt to finalize divorce proceedings was made by an Application for Divorce issued by [ME] with [EXWIFE] as the Respondant ([NUMBER3]) on March 8, 2010. The Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings has rejected a clearance certificate as it states that Claim [NUMBER2] is an application in progress.

The original Applicant, [EXWIFE] has not finalized the divorce proceedings, and the Respondant, [ME] would request either clearance to proceed with the Application for Divorce [NUMBER3] or an order finalizing the divorce originally initiated [NUMBER2] and consented to by both the Applicant and the Respondant.

Comment

Is your wife contesting the order for Divorce? If not - Does it not make sense and work together and bring forth joint application for Divorce... one year living separate and apart as grounds.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X