Searching CanLII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching CanLII

Can someone please help me figure out how to search for family case law on the CanLII site? I am finding the site difficult to navigate/get to past cases.

I also remember someone on here mentioning that they had found info on a particular lawyer and that lawyers success rate. Can't remember who though.

Perhaps there is a link deep into the site that someone can give me to get me closer to Family Law cases?

Thank you!

I too have had limited success searching canlii. Try searching for the legal issues prevalent in your case - ie parental alienation. You can also filter by province.

I find that canlii is rather incomplete. My wife tried looking up her brothers messy situation, and it's not there. It's even missing a criminal case where I was one of the victims, and sat in the trial and know that a judge handed down a verdict since I was there. (Nothing scary, guy hit several parked cars including mine)

Comment

I was hoping I could search just Family Law cases but don't see where that is possible.

Comment

Searching CanLII

Only certain cases get posted. Your best bet is to do a detailed search with quotes on items. For instance I searched "post secondary" & "reasonable contribution" and then set the parameters for Ontario and Superior Court. Then I looked through the last year.

(Family Law is in Superior Court)

Comment

I think I am getting somewhere!! Lol
          Thanks everyone

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X