Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does CRA come before child support?

My girlfriend's ex is a waste of skin.

Long story short, he hasn't paid support payments since June. Based on a court order he should be paying just over $2000 per month.

He is employed, but is definitely under-employed compared to when they were together. He now makes $25/hour, he used to make $1200 per day.

Here is my question:
    When she called MEP they told her that there is nothing they can do because he made some BS arrangement to pay $50 per month for 6 months, and as of now he owes CRA enough money that they have seized his accounts so they can't go after him anyway.

Since when does the tax man come before child support? I thought child support always comes first?

The sick part is, he still lives in his 7 bedroom house and makes his $4500 mortgage payment.

Originally posted by Acadia71 View Post
    My girlfriend's ex is a waste of skin.

Seems like you are still willing to take his money though.

It's always heartwarming when parasites insult their hosts.

Long story short, he hasn't paid support payments since June. Based on a court order he should be paying just over $2000 per month.
    FRO will get him eventually.

He is employed, but is definitely under-employed compared to when they were together. He now makes $25/hour, he used to make $1200 per day.
    If you are sure he is unemployed, then go to court and impute income. The gallant way about this is that you should pay for the lawyer. Put some of your money where your mouth is.

The sick part is, he still lives in his 7 bedroom house and makes his $4500 mortgage payment.
    Did you hack into his bank accounts? How do you know that..
    A) his mortgage payment is $4500
    B) he is actually making the mortgage payments?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      Seems like you are still willing to take his money though.

It's always heartwarming when parasites insult their hosts.

FRO will get him eventually.

If you are sure he is unemployed, then go to court and impute income. The gallant way about this is that you should pay for the lawyer. Put some of your money where your mouth is.

Did you hack into his bank accounts? How do you know that..
      A) his mortgage payment is $4500
      B) he is actually making the mortgage payments?
      Parasite? Really?

I have nothing to gain, I don't live with her. The only parasite is Canada Revenue Agency. I pay $4200 per month in support and for the second year in a row I am still waiting for over $10K back from them while they "assess".....despite the fact they have my separation agreement.

Thanks for the response and have a great day.

Comment

...Long story short, he hasn't paid support payments since June. Based on a court order he should be paying just over $2000 per month.

He is employed, but is definitely under-employed compared to when they were together. He now makes $25/hour, he used to make $1200 per day...

The problem with your "long story short", is that the shortened version, leaves out a lot of necessary details, and doesn't add up. Something doesn't make sense here - you're stating he used to make in excess of $450,000 a year, and somehow, he's only making what, $52,000 a year now? Why the drastic drop, and if it was not kosher, why did your partner allow it, and not seek to impute income?

How old is the order?

When she called MEP they told her that there is nothing they can do because he made some BS arrangement to pay $50 per month for 6 months, and as of now he owes CRA enough money that they have seized his accounts so they can't go after him anyway.

Since when does the tax man come before child support? I thought child support always comes first?

When the payor owes, CRA obligations generally will always come before child support obligations. There may be rare instances where CRA may consider on a case-by-case basis, something different, but the Crown wants their money.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post

When the payor owes, CRA obligations generally will always come before child support obligations. There may be rare instances where CRA may consider on a case-by-case basis, something different, but the Crown wants their money.
          Thank you! That shocks me, but it answers my question.

As far as the other details, you're right, I left too much out, but it is her battle to fight. I just hope the sleaze ball ends up with nothing.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

As far as the other details, you're right, I left too much out, but it is her battle to fight. I just hope the sleaze ball ends up with nothing.

Thanks for your reply.

Wouldn’t that be lovely for his children eh? As long as he ends up with nothing and your gf gets it all that’s a bonus for you right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen rare cases where CRA backed off on collecting, (because it was taking the money away from available child support monies), but, in those rare cases, the child support collecting parent, raised a big stink, got their MP involved, went to the news, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                Wouldn’t that be lovely for his children eh? As long as he ends up with nothing and your gf gets it all that’s a bonus for you right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                There is nothing to split anyway, and even when he was gainfully employed he refused to pay her a dime, so ya, I want him to have nothing.

The guy is a piece of crap. He deserves to be treated as such.

Take care

Comment

The guy is a piece of crap. He deserves to be treated as such.
                  The way your girlfriend describes her ex might one day be the way she describes you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X