• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!! Thanks for this information!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lemongirl View Post
      With childcare he is to pay me direct within 30 days of me notifying him of his portion due.
      How will they know your net childcare costs? If they collect based upon the gross amounts you could potentially make a profit here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
        Is it better to have the clause “payor should pay within 30 days of receipt submitted to these xxx agreed upon expenses” Then If they don’t pay from that order you file contempt?
        I think so, lemongirl would disagree. It appears that it might be hard to tell.

Assuming a fully hostile relationship, I would recommend going for the fixed monthly amount with a reckoning at the end of the year (make sure you get more than anticipated so the reckoning helps the ex).

Assuming a antagonistic but mostly compliant relationship, I would want a fixed percentage, and then hope for compliance. I would build up a few thousand in unpaid expenses before going to court, and treating this like a hostile relationship

The best of course would be to get a clueless FRO caseworker who somehow provides enforcement on gross values. That might be case dependent though.

Comment

I would prefer a flat $ amount to be ordered instead of a % and reconcile at the end of the year but the judge ordered it to be a specific percentage. I also forgot to mention that in my order his proportionate share of childcare is reduced by another 15% once his $ share is calculated as I receive the tax benefit, which makes sense. For example if I sent childcare receipts to FRO for childcare totalling $1000, on the receipt I write 1000 x 49% = $490 Less 15% = $426.50. Then on the statement of arrears form I only put $426.50 as owing, not the total amount. I do the math for them and make it super easy to understand. They receive the paperwork, check the math against the court order to verify it then process.
          In response to how I would make a profit on childcare I need clarification as I can’t see how that could work. If he doesn’t pay me directly i then send to FRO. He will receive notification from them including a copy of what I submitted. If he actually paid it to me he can dispute the claim with FRO by sending them proof of payment that he actually paid direct to me. Is that what you mean? Sorry, I just don’t understand.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X