settlement conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settlement conference

What happens at a settlement confrence. What is the next step if any, What happens after the settlement conference.

Basically a settlement conference is informal and gives the parties an additional opportunity to get the parties together and discuss the outstanding issues in front of the Judge. The Judge may give a recomendation or view how the issues will unfold. Procedural issues may also be discussed such as outstanding disclosure.

Sometimes to expediate the action the court combines a settlement conference with a trial managament conference which is usually the next step. The Judge may also order that some interim issues set down for motion.

lv

Comment

the settlement is to pay my wife off or put the matrimonial home for sale i brake down the numbers and send to her lawyer one month pass there is still no reply what should i do now?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X