Form 14B motion: help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 14B motion: help please

Greetings all....my ex just served me with a form 14B motion form asking the judge to make summary judgment on a new issue that has not yet been brought to the court. His lawyer states that the issue (child support) is simple, and procedural and should be dealt with by written affidavit. I do not agree as there are several contentious issues...one being a signed and witnessed document on child support that my ex now refuses to uphold.

How do I respond to this? Any advice? Form 14B is usually for motions that are occurring within an already established case (which this is not) or uncontested issues (which this is not). Do I respond with a 15B form? (response to motion to change?). To add insult to injury the lawyer claims I only have 4 days to respond...which seems ludicrous to me as this is the first legal notification that I have got on the issue. BTW : I'm self rep. Thank you!!!
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X