Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Doctor sues mother of his child for emotional damages ($4million)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berner. That is quite a story and while there was nothing intentional, you are right, it was still the GF's responsibility to decide to take that risk.

I myself was "surprised" when I got pregnant due to previous difficulties, but at the same time, my partner and I both knew we were taking risk of pregnancy, even if small by not being more careful.

However, that "surprise" was wonderful even if unplanned at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
      Berner. That is quite a story and while there was nothing intentional, you are right, it was still the GF's responsibility to decide to take that risk.

I myself was "surprised" when I got pregnant due to previous difficulties, but at the same time, my partner and I both knew we were taking risk of pregnancy, even if small by not being more careful.

However, that "surprise" was wonderful even if unplanned at that time.
      It is interesting and I was beyond shocked when I received the email. Mom is keeping the baby because she doesn't believe in abortion. She could never turn around and sue dad... she didn't take reasonable precautions either.

I sorta feel sorry for dad in this case... he owes full cs for two kids and if this doesn't work out he owes full cs for an additional child. He complains now about his cs obligations, he clearly didn't think about what would happen with an additional child

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, hopefully they can look at the baby as a surprise and not as a mistake. I forget where I heard this, but it was something along the lines of a surprise being a present you didn't know you wanted until you got it.

Comment

The whole thing almost reads as a "Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Argument" in ways... Or a "Organized Pseudolegal Psychological Argument"...

CanLII - 2012 ABQB 571 (CanLII)

What is funny is that the Applicant in this matter was able to retain a lawyer to take on this ridiculous case!

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

My former SIL works for lawyer for Applicant. I've had cocktails with this lawyer. I really like the judge and had the pleasure of having him decide a motion in my matrimonial litigation.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              My former SIL works for lawyer for Applicant. I've had cocktails with this lawyer. I really like the judge and had the pleasure of having him decide a motion in my matrimonial litigation.
              The Honourable Associate Chief Justice J.D. Rooke is great. I really enjoyed that decision and reference it a lot.

Comment

If you met the lawyer you would likely share my opinion - big ego...she'll work for anyone as long as they pay.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X