Motion Argued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Argued

I argued my motion on Friday and I believe that it went well all considered.

The other side was represented by a lawyer, making this one of the most nerve-racking experiences of my life. The ex didn't show - not by phone, not in person.

I'd love to say I was successful on the important issues (custody, access), but the reality is, the other side conceded at the 11th hour, leaving nothing to actually argue.

Custody/access was addressed, but the majority of the two hour long episode was dedicated to money and all the excuses why he doesn't owe.

The judge said we'd get her decision in the mail and the decision would indicate a timeline for costs submissions. Is it with this cost submission that I include my volume of Offers to Settle?

Sorry I can't answer your question re 'Offers to Settle' but CONGRATS on your Arguing that Motion!

Comment

Congrats on arguing your motion. Yes...that is my understanding about cost submissions. Link the Offers to settle to the final outcome of the case...if you show that your Offers were equal to or more favorable than the final outcome you should be awarded costs. Also go to Family Law Rules on costs and write up your submissions according to their criteria. Complexity of case, importance etc.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X