Temporary Order - What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Order - What now?

In court last week, I was granted a Temporary Order for my request to increase CS to Line 150 table amounts.

Respondent was served April 2, we have had 2 court appearances, neither of which he has attended, and 2 adjournments. Next date is in July. I have never been served a response to my motion to change.

Both times, the judges adjourned for CC or uncontested trial at next date. Last week, though, I was given temporary order to the CS amount I requested. The wording on the temp order is, "Adjourned to xxxx for case conference if responding documents are filed or for uncontested hearing if no responding documents are filed."

In the last few days, I have been told (either by S15 via text msg from his dad or email from X to me), that he intends to "discuss a lot of things he wants changed" next time we're in court. This is just irritating to me because we haven't had issue with other things in the agreement - this is just my punishment from him for trying to finally make him pay table amounts for the first time in the 5 years we've been separated.

So.... Since he has NOT responded to my initial motion to change, can he now add a bunch of other "stuff" to the motion in his response, or will he now be restricted to just responding or addressing the CS increase?

IF he can change something I hope you do as well - make it retroactive. LOL

Comment

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

I was trying to play nice, leaving out the five years of retro (amounting to about $7000+) and have proof I asked him for income disclosure all along. That and it's in our agreement that returns and NoAs are shared annually.

I wanted it to be clean and simple. But if he's not going to let it be so... Well.... I can be a doormat for only so long!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X