No announcement yet.

Copyright issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. I see Serene's "Trial this Week" also made it onto that website. Her name is Suny!

Thanks for pointing this out, Mess. It's a little freaky, though. Makes you think twice when you think youre only posting your information on this website....

Edit: I just found myself on that site. My name is "Frede" and I am a VIP member. Huh. Why am I not a VIP member on ODF? haha.
    Last edited by Qrious; 01-19-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

So I'm "Samsung" ?

Creepy.

Who is doing this? Hope it's not someone on our forum.

Comment

Wonder if they'll post this thread too.....

Comment

I see I'm "John Bull" as well.

How pathetic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Qrious View Post
            Haha. I see Serene's "Trial this Week" also made it onto that website. Her name is Suny!

Thanks for pointing this out, Mess. It's a little freaky, though. Makes you think twice when you think youre only posting your information on this website....

Edit: I just found myself on that site. My name if "Frede" and I am a VIP member. Huh. Why am I not a VIP member on ODF? haha.
            I agree that our information being copied who knows where out there is alarming. I hope Jeff can put a stop to it. Copying a website operated by lawyers seems pretty stupid to me!

Poking around, I noticed that their usernames are pretty random, and they change them up instead of using the same one for each poster here. You might be Frede on only that one post and a different username for each other copied post. I guess they can post faster if they don't worry about consistency.

Comment

I think "John Bull" may be a more suitable name for some others around here! LOL!

Comment

I think there is little that can be done by Jeff.

Perhaps we should all sign up on the other website and caution people that the usernames are false and quotes have been copied and pasted from this site?

What do you think guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                  Poking around, I noticed that their usernames are pretty random, and they change them up instead of using the same one for each poster here. You might be Frede on only that one post and a different username for each other copied post. I guess they can post faster if they don't worry about consistency.
                  I presume they "mine" posts automatically with software, and the names are randomly generated. I doubt there are any humans actually cutting and pasteing.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                    I think there is little that can be done by Jeff.

Perhaps we should all sign up on the other website and caution people that the usernames are false and quotes have been copied and pasted from this site?

What do you think guys?
                    I'd be worried about signing up on that site, it would probably open you up to hacking and identity theft.

Comment

Originally posted by Qrious View Post
                      I think "John Bull" may be a more suitable name for some others around here! LOL!
                      Ironically, I got a "John Bull" hat for Christmas, I'm wearing it now.

Goorin Bros.

Comment

I'm waiting for my account to be activated on the other site (the Nigeriansite)

ArabianfromODF is my username

It is prompting me to disable my scam screening software and I am unwilling to do this so I may not be able to get on.

Comment

Well it's not letting me onto the site.

Someone can take my identity and maybe make it into a better one LOL

Seems that there is alot more than just a few posts that have been copied. I see MANY whole threads from ODF on there.

Comment

It did email me and request I put in a 25-odd figure activation code. I decided against it and instead requested to be deactivated. I've never been prompted for such a large code before.

I'm not computer-savy enough to do this (no guts no glory). Mess is right, it might open me up to hacking. I'll let Jeff deal with this one.

Comment

I'm now famous member Ripiran .... Ripiran? wth???? lol!
                              Ripiran is offline Famous member
                              Last edited by Janibel; 01-19-2014, 03:56 PM. Reason: typo cause by hysterical laughter

Comment

I am Samsung
                                Samsung has got to be better than this:

"Gepriesenw4"...whatever that means.

This is indeed weird that the site would just our posts from here, and link it to their site. Then I see that they are a 1 stop shop for everything ranging from immigration to the US, property, landlord and tenant, administrative etc kind of law

NOTE: Visiting the site alone bothers me, like ads that tempt you to visit their site, and then your system gets compromised. Good thing am not accessing this from my home network.

Another reason to be cautious on what information one puts on the web. The posters that was asking people to pm her for her email address in order to have forms sent to her, can now see why she should never suggest such thing.

Of course I have personal failings. One example is quite evident - I had a failed marriage
                                We all have that is common, hence the reason we are on here.

and of course am equally to blame for that one.
                                I can't say have ever heard you say that....but glad to hear it.
                                Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X