This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thefunone View Post
    From my understanding - the SS is for 1/2 to 1 yr per year of co-habitation...so in my case I am looking at 7-10yrs. I will be asking for it to be reviewed annually because I'll be damned if I'm gonna allow her to be on the "cash for life" program. She has an MBA - but had taken time off to be with the children (5yrs) - she certainly can work.
    Are you still attempting to work through the conditions/details of the separation/divorce through a mediator, or are you looking at taking this to court? Sorry, not intentionally trying to derail your original topic but am sort of dealing with a similar issue right now and aspects of your SS "situation" are almost identical ... interested in the approach you are taking/plan to be taking.

Comment

mediator....although that too may be running out...

Comment

Originally posted by tmac View Post
        that is just crazy. some people think it is easy to sit back a take the gravy train unbelievable. while the other spouse has to work more just to support themselves. something wrong with this picture
        Fixed.

Comment

Sorry blink - ya kinda lost me on that....Fixed?....meaning what?

Comment

Fixed tmac's gender-slanging. Thanks, blink, it bugged me too.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
              Fixed tmac's gender-slanging. Thanks, blink, it bugged me too.
              I agree that it's always better to keep it gender-less but for the fairness lets take a look.

Child and Spousal Support: Maintenance Enforcement Survey Statistics 2009/2010

Table 6 Maintenance enforcement cases enrolled, by sex of payor and recipient, at March 31

Total Year 2010

Cases enrolled 114,420
              Male payor / female recipient 96%
              Female payor / male recipient 3%
              Unknown 1%

and it's only "Enforcement" part...

Comment

Then we can trot out stats on which gender more often walk away from their kids.

By which I mean - you miss the point that it is better not to generalize when there ARE exceptions (more or less, depending on the example).

Comment

sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
                    Then we can trot out stats on which gender more often walk away from their kids.

By which I mean - you miss the point that it is better not to generalize when there ARE exceptions (more or less, depending on the example).
                    and where I missed that point ? I wrote
                    I agree that it's always better to keep it gender-less
                    I am not arguing that we should generalize ... Of course there are exception and in this statistics they total 4%

As for
                    which gender more often walk away from their kids.
                    I think it not so easy to collect such statistics as it much more to consider... For example my ex also saying that "I left my son". She probably will keep saying that if Judge order Sole custody to me (for example)...

but I agree with you that would be interested to see statistics where father do not want to have "Joint custody with 50/50 time residence" and mother totally agree with him to have it ?

I hope you would not consider father who lost custody or just could not handle all that Canadian Family Law machine or even thous who took their life because of that as "walk out from their kids" ?

What would be your estimation ?

Comment

...or you could choose NOT to hijack this thread for your own personal agenda and visit one of the 4000 other already existing threads on this topic.

Comment

I do not have personal agenda here and I was not the one who started it...

Comment

What are you...5?

Comment

Originally posted by thefunone View Post
                            Couldn't agree more....oh and wait - on top of that there are those damn Section 7 expenses where...right now...I pay 90%...and she pays 10%....best work my ass off....and then look for a second job someplace...hopw I can squeeze in time for my kids along the way....LMFAO....yes that was just me being sarcastic
                            Unfortunately thats gonna be your reality for through foreseeable future. If you slow down on the work and work normal hrs she'll complain and say you're under employed.

The good news...she's got a mba? Kids going to school...part time....full time...get a f'ing job! If she refuses have her income imputed.

Gravy train stops...so to speak. You should be able to.see your children. If she argues that you didn't mind working the o/t. I would counter that when you were together seeing your children would be much easier....things change and so will your income.

Careful with selling the house...some thinking says that the money goes towards income = more cs.

Be strong hold your ground. Fight for your children. Society wants us to be check book daddies, be a good dad...good dads pay cs...thats how we're judged in family law unfortunately. We're good enough to keep access just below the threshold of having to pay cs...hence dads having access to every second weekend and one night through the week....but try and get that one more day!!! Alllll just coincidence lol. But more and more fathers are standing up for their rights and the rights of their rights children.

Anyway sorry to.ramble...good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                              I agree that it's always better to keep it gender-less but for the fairness lets take a look.

Child and Spousal Support: Maintenance Enforcement Survey Statistics 2009/2010

Table 6 Maintenance enforcement cases enrolled, by sex of payor and recipient, at March 31

Total Year 2010

Cases enrolled 114,420
                              Male payor / female recipient 96%
                              Female payor / male recipient 3%
                              Unknown 1%

and it's only "Enforcement" part...
                              Interesting and disgusting all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                                I do not have personal agenda here and I was not the one who started it...
                                The op hasn't complained. Someone's always gotta step in. I am not speaking for the op but as a father I might wanna know the stats and if I don't...I just don't read what I don't want to...easy, peasey.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X