Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 06-11-2022, 11:40 AM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

I threw in both issues on both applications in the notes just in case she would take care of it all in the first case, I assumed the enforcing of the order for not producing her financial info since 2016 would only be looked at but we talked about both applications thankfully she took care of the passport stuff as she probably knew it was somewhat urgent.
I had an unfortunate response from the ex a couple days after the court appearance, she went ballistic saying she could not afford any more payments as she is barely making it by right now and she would jump off a bridge if she was pushed any further financially…also wrote suicidal texts to my daughter during school saying goodbye, I can’t live like this any longer etc…I won’t get into it…anyhow 911 was called…they checked on her and could not share any info about her with us…no communication since.

So I was not wanting this result of course…I don’t think anyone would. Is there a way to just ask the judge to go through with everything but delay the child support change until say Jan-1-2023 so that she has time to re-arrange her lifestyle or am I just being naive or something…I have never heard her say anything about suicide before. Would a judge agree to my request or allow alternate financial arrangements in lieu…or should I just go ahead and call her bluff? My 14 yr old is stressed, I can tell…and I would feel absolutely aweful if she took her life. I also feel like I am being played….so confusing.

Any suggestions from someone that has gone through these experiences greatly appreciated.
Old 07-27-2022, 12:59 AM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Passport Canada was happy with the provincial court order, I received the child’s passport and the order also states she can travel with anyone anywhere without the mother’s permission.
Just one more court date next week to deal with imputing a higher income and a fine for not providing financial information. Is there a set fine the judge usually does?
Old 07-27-2022, 08:10 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

If the situation were reversed and it was a man the court would have no sympathy and I have little for your ex. She sounds like someone who has avoided responsibility and now that she is faced with it, she is looking for a way out (by threats not actual suicide). Personally I dont think she will do it and if necessary you can call 911. Just keep moving forward and take care of the kids.