Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional supervision threat

Hi all,

My ex's lawyer has sent 3 e-mails in the span of a month claiming I have been involving our kids in adult conversation and if it continues she will be seeking to re-instate professional supervision. Her last email was a threat that this is the final warning.

My current family court order says: "All parenting time to the children shall be supervised by my sister or Mrs. Smith (Professional supervisor)."

I dispute all her allegations and haven't responded to their emails.

My questions:

1. What are my options? I'm afraid she's just waiting to say all access going forward is to be with mrs. smith.

2. Should I seek to change the court order through a motion that all supervision is to be through my sister only, unless abuse has been verified by CAS?

3. How do I protect myself/kids from these allegations going forward?

Background:
    -2 kids ages 9 and 5
    -I have criminal charges against the mother (false) that are still pending for next few months.

I would respond and simply say that you have not been discussing anything with the children, you are maximizing your limited time with a focus on them and their lives. That the person supervising the time with them can back this up and is willing to testify to that fact. That spending time with their father is in their best interest and you will not entertain any further threats or false accusations. And leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by helenj View Post

I dispute all her allegations and haven't responded to their emails.
      Ignoring child related emails is bad. Doing it while already being seen as the "bad guy" is devastating to your case.

Comment

I do not understand why lawyers can make allegations in a letter without a shred of evidence or explanation. Can someone explain this to me?

Respond, keep it SUPER short and simply, be nice and say:

"I deny the allegation and do not understand why it is being made. If you can provide the details that would be very helpful and it would be better to have no misunderstanding."

You do have to respond though.

Comment

Lawyers work for the person making the statements. They are paid to say what that person wants. The lawyer could give them advice and say this isn’t a good idea but in the end they work for the tyrant.

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure if i am in right thread.

I am separated from my Wife for 10 months. There was no understanding between us so I decide to get separated. She was threatening me that she would do suicide or she would call a police. Luckily She went to Vancouver in October and then immediately after i applied for a divorce.

Now her Lawyer came with allegations in March, 2021 that i slapped her in June 2020 and I took $36000 from her parents that is not true. Also she is asking for $100,000 and monthly support of $3500.

In reply my lawyer send them email in May, 2021 and ask for proof of everything. But after that I have not heard anything nothing from my Lawyer. What would be next?

Do I still need to give her support and all that money she asked for? How long you think it will take to get the divorce.

Could you please reply.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              Lawyers work for the person making the statements. They are paid to say what that person wants. The lawyer could give them advice and say this isn�t a good idea but in the end they work for the tyrant.
              Then you can use that against the lawyer on the other side quite easily. But, it will take a skilled author to do the response. I won't provide insight into how to do it because it takes intimate knowledge of the case and the lawyer on the other side.

I can't name a single lawyer that I would recommend that would even entertain sending that letter. They would all remove themselves from the matter prior to being "forced" to send such nonsense.

So, what we know here is that we have a "negative advocate lawyer".

https://www.highconflictinstitute.co...vocates-or-not

Comment

IME, the best thing to do against a HCP or NAL is continue to push for trial asap where their bs will stop. You may have to give authorization to access all your non-existent accounts, but that's easily done while pushing trial.

Comment

Originally posted by san_verma21 View Post
                  Do I still need to give her support and all that money she asked for? How long you think it will take to get the divorce.

Could you please reply.

Thanks
                  There's a lump sum equalization payment, and then monthly child support and/or spousal support payments. Talk to your lawyer to find out what those amounts are. It could take up to 3 years to get to trial if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by san_verma21 View Post
                    Now her Lawyer came with allegations in March, 2021 that i slapped her in June 2020 and I took $36000 from her parents that is not true. Also she is asking for $100,000 and monthly support of $3500.
                    Your ex is responsible for her lawyer. So if the lawyer says it then it is your ex saying it.

Know this and it will help
                    Your ex is not crazy and the lawyer not mistakenly accusing you.
                    The purpose of those letters is to increase your anxiety, set you off balance, provoke you, have you run to your lawyer and increase your fees.
                    They are setting up a psychological response for negotiations as well.
                    Chances are they will mention none of this to the judge.
                    Aske for details on the accusations though.

Protect your mental health even if you have to go to a doctor for prescription.
                    It is not right that you are being injured this way but take the meds.

Tayken mentioned "negative advocate lawyer" and that can be the case too. The lawyer makes a ton of money on it though so no matter what they win.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X