Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 06-05-2022, 01:51 PM

thh1 is on a distinguished road
Default Thursday weekday access

Per order, ex will have Thursday overnight access from picking up from school Thursday afternoon and drop off kids to school Friday morning. Apparently ex did not want to bring kids to school Friday morning. If I did not pick up kids from her house to school, she will let them stay at home. May I bring up a motion to remove weekday one day overnight access? Thanks everyone.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:12 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Was this a one time event or a recurring pattern? If it's recurring, they have an obligation to ensure the children attend school, if your order says they are to drop off they can either drop off at school (ideal) or drop off to you so you can get them to school. If this isn't happening, you can offer to keep the kids Thursday night to alleviate the issue ( they can pick up the kids from school and drop off to you after finner) or forego the Thursday night altogether. If they don't agree, and don't ensure the kids attend school, then you can file a motion to change.

It makes sense to try to come to an agreement with the ex first.