This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denied access

I am reaching out to the web for some honest advice. My son is living at his fathers, and has bin for almost 4 years, my son is 14. we have shared custody with access. when he was residing with me we went through courts. when my son went to live with his father we didnt go through the courts, but we made written agrements on child support. I am low income and paymore then the ontario guidelines. apprently its not enough.
    My sons father has denied me access and has blocked my phone number so i cant call my son either.
    My son has bin brough in the middle.
    My question to anyone who can answer it is, with out retaining a lawyer and dragging my son through the courts, what can i do to gain visitation and access to my son.
    My son has asked me not to try and see him because he will get into trouble for seeing me
    Please Help
    Thanks
    mother with out her son

If your ex has refused you access to your son, and gone to the extreme of blocking your number, then your only recourse is going to the court to ask them to enforce your access rights.

However, if your son has asked you to stay away, then you may not be able to force the issue. He is 14 years old and they WILL seriously consider his wishes.

Now if he has been coreced into staying away, that will come out in court and will not look too good for your ex.

In addition, you are supposed to pay the Guideline amount based on your income, not more than that. Unless you are contributing your portion of the childs' section 7 expenses?

If you are low income you may qualify for legal aid. I would definitely consult with a Lawyer to see what your options are.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X