No announcement yet.

SC's, Motions and Trial's.. Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well next year this weekend is yours. Family Day is every day in a well rounded family home. It kills me how people are all agaga for family on 1 designated day of the year. By your posts you give daughter a wealth of experiences not just on one day. So, just chalk it up to a denial and note for next year that you will have this holiday.

Comment

Sorry that it kills you Beach. Its in the hardest part of my access week (6 day stretch - no calls, no access). Would have been nice for a few hours on either day. That's all.

Comment

You could request some phone calls?

If she denies this then just add to the pile of denials.

Comment

I have to get used to stuff like this I suppose. Tougher skinned.

I'm not responding ... just documenting.

I'm fine. The feeling passed. When she says no it's like classical conditioning from the trauma of the abduction. It's all good. I see my baby girl tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
            Sorry that it kills you Beach. Its in the hardest part of my access week (6 day stretch - no calls, no access). Would have been nice for a few hours on either day. That's all.
            Oh not in that way. Its just she is using it against you. Why of all weekends is she going to QC. She does not work. Every day is family day. So it churlish of her to deny you.

Sorry did not mean to come negative on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
              Oh not in that way. Its just she is using it against you. Why of all weekends is she going to QC. She does not work. Every day is family day. So it churlish of her to deny you.

Sorry did not mean to come negative on this.
              Well .. I hope she knows that I get Easter Weekend, D3's b-day, Halloween and x-mas again next year.

And you said something VERY smart Beach. Every day is family day here. I love that you said that. Its so true.

Comment

Any way you look at it in your situation - divorce and child custody is war. You have made numerous overtures by way of Offers to Settle but your ex continues in her quest to skewer you.

Keep requesting increased access. Keep amassing those refusals. Don't send whiny emails - keep it business like and of course child-focussed. Continue to document document document. Your ex's stupidity will pay off for you in the end because you will have irrevocable proof of her abuse of her temporary control. I wonder if her lawyer is even aware of what she is doing... surely the LAO lawyer isn't this stupid?

Comment

I doubt it. He likely meets her just before the motion and in The meantime lets things just pile up. He has lots of clients, so he likely just spends min time on each. Hence his usuall brush off of your requests etc.

If she was truly being directed by legal council they would be advising her to offer alternative times. " Sorry already made plans this weekend but we can work out something for March Break"

You should be asking for time at March Break. You are off and should be requesting half of March Break at the very least. But you should so now. So she has no time to make plans.
                  Last edited by Beachnana; 02-10-2015, 09:10 PM. Reason: Added sentence for clarity

Comment

Can I just ask for March break even if it's not in the order?
                    If so, what should the wording sound like?

"I will have March break commencing March 13th - March 22nd. I wanted to inquire whether or not we could negotiate some time spent with D3 during this time off work. Perhaps half the week?"

Something like that?
                    Last edited by LovingFather32; 02-10-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Why not? The order gives you specified minimum time. Don't ask don' t get or get denied! Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Comment

" could arrange" not negotiate. This is a Dad arranging to spend time with his child. No negotiating.

Comment

" I would like to make some arrangements to spend 1/2 of this time with D3. I am flexible with either Friday to Wednesday or wednesday to Sunday. Please let me know which works for you best."

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                            " could arrange" not negotiate. This is a Dad arranging to spend time with his child. No negotiating.
                            But I cant just arrange time on her court ordered access time right? This is where the wording gets confusing to me.

Comment

Usually holidays are handled separate from parenting. Assuming you are going ro be given 50/50 access next year she will no doubt want 1/2 of each holiday. So unless your order states you are not allowed more time. Why not?

Comment

If March Break falls on your week next year are you going to deny her time over the school holidays. Remember she is likely to be in school next year.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X