Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Grace......I am a strong woman now........he cant take that from me anymore. Thank you for the prayers ....I appreciate your thoughts

Comment

stonecreek,

Have you spoken to the police in regards to the life threat in the email received.

Uttering threats is serious and not to be taken lightly.

Criminal Code of Canada

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/267426.html

Assaults

Uttering threats

264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat

(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;

(b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or

(c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.

Punishment
      (2) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(a) is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

Idem
      (3) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(b) or (c)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 38; 1994, c. 44, s. 16.

lv

Comment

LV,

I did phone the police that night and they came to my home and spoke to me about and then the next day a detective called me and she wanted all the other threatening emails and information. They also had on reports of times that he called the police, basically on himself. He had come banging on my door one night at midnight stating that he wanted his daughter and that it was his weekend, which it wasnt, so he called the police. They also had concerns of a man who would drive 3 hours from his home, without noticing me and banging on my door at midnite to collect his daughter in which he had no access or prior arrangement with me. He has also called the police when (after a court order stated I could pick up my belongings from my former home) I came to collect them. He would not allow me to get anything. So he called the police stating I was stealing and trespassing etc . THe officer just told him after reading my court order that he had to allow me to, these were my belongings and settlement court ordered belongings and why did he want to cause problems.....wait I know POWER and CONTROL.

Anyways, with regard to the last email , the detective has dealt with him.

From day one that I left I have kept every email, letter , logged daily , kept phone records, recordings in person of him yelling and screaming etc etc. I have kept a very good evidence trail of his garbage.

Comment

stonecreek,

It appears the police aren't doing their job. I have to wonder; Why hasn't the individual been charged? A death threat is serious. You have evidence. - email -

I realize criminal evidence is different, however when it comes to uttering threats; it appears this has been conveyed through the email.

Even though the police don't act, I suspect you would have enough evidence to get a restraining order in place. - balance of probabilities. You could use his police records every time he has called the police ie: the midnight incident etc.

lv

Comment

trust me restraining orders and stuff are not easy - at least her ex is stupid enough to leave evidence - mine just waits - I hate walking and looking over my shoulder

Comment

I am more upset by his behaviour everyday because of how it is hurting my daughter. She called him during the week to talk to him as I have not discouraged this because I feel she has to process and realize for herself what her father is all about and if she wants to call him then that is her right as he is her father. So anyway , last week she calls him and he lets her go within a minute because he is tired. She had surgery a few days ago and I let him know that she was having it done and where but of course he never showed or called to see how she was. Then today being Father's Day I told her she should call him today and she did and he let her go again within a minute because he was tired again.
              I know she has to be hurt but she is at the stage and age of making excuses for him. She gets off the phone and says that he works all the time and he is tired. Or she will say that his phone or our phone must be broken because he is not calling her or his computer must be broken because he's not replying to emails. It just breaks my heart.....and angers me that he could treat his child like this.

But I needed to vent.....and I will continue on and keep her safe and let her konw everyday that I love her and will always be here for her. And I will pray that he gets the help he needs to have healthy relationships.

Thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X