This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request for medical/competence information

hi again - can my ex go to my doctors to ask for a letter about competency? Hello - I take my meds, I see my physcologist faithfully, I'm restoring my self-confidence.

thanks

No a patient doctor relationship is considered privileged. But if your ex is going to accuse you of being mentally incompetent then you may want to get your doctor to write something up.

Comment

2hopefull,

If your ex alleges your an incompetent parent, Have your psychologist write something up ie: such as the reason why your attending. Because one sees a psychologist, this does not make them incompetent to act as a parent. In fact it carries more weight with the court if one has some sort of difficulty, whatever it may be that they ARE doing something about it. Many psychologists and employee assistance programs offer a counseling services with a psychologist.

For your ex to get access to your medical records, he will have to CONVINCE the court most likely under motion to get a court order. Your Doctor will NOT release this information to your ex without your explicit consent and authorization or court ordered. It is illegal for any DR. to so and is against the directives of physicians and surgeons. The physician could get suspended to practice medicine and also opens the door to a civil law suite against them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X