Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:56 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitHunter View Post
So your ex had a drug issue and you had no issue with it (or had but tolerated it at least for a while) and now you have a problem with that because your 8 year old said the word "meth"? God forbid your son ever say the word "pussy".

It always stinks when someone tries to use this board to seek justification for trying to destroy the relationship with a kid and his other parent.
Hang on. The poster said his ex had a past history of drug use (which could be said about probably 40% of the adult population), and that he was concerned because his S8 was talking about meth. How does that turn into trying to destroy Kid's relationship with Mom?

The poster got some solid advice (it's probably not a big deal, sounds like something he might have picked up from friends) and responded appropriately (emailed Mom, who will be checking with the parents of Kid's friends). Nothing "stinks" here, as far as I can see.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:19 AM

mathewoliviera is on a distinguished road

Never once did I state that I was trying to ruin a relationship with the child and his mother....all I said was that I was concerned and that I was looking for the advice of others on how to proceed as we have a strained relationship and communication between us is difficult. And if you read the entire thread then you would notice that I stated I would try and talk to my ex and go from there.