Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:27 PM

BlueDressInToronto is on a distinguished road

I have never heard of that. Presumably it would only be for the period of the trip?
Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGreen View Post
Thanks guys,

So shes reluctant to give much of an itinerary (raised eyebrow), and I finally just had to say if she needed to get her own letter then thats what shed have to do.

Another thing has arisen that Im questioning,

Quite simply, she wants a legal document saying I agree to give her parents consent to make medical decisions for our child. Also wants this notarized too.....

Ive already got the one letter notarized, Ive never heard of having to provide anything like this, from what I understand I only need to provide the letter of consent to travel.

I can supply one if its necessary thats not a big issue, but Im somewhat leery about making these kinds of agreements and getting them all done 'legally', has anyone else ever had to supply a letter consenting to this? Any advise on this one?

Thanks so much guys,
A world of no to this request. If there is a genuine emergency, service providers will provide urgent medical services whether or not they have a notarized letter. If it's not a genuine emergency, grandparents can consult with you and Mom as needed. I can't think of any reason for this request, unless one of the kids has complex medical needs that might have to be managed while s/he is away.

Just say no. Your ex is either being weird just because she can, or she's up to something with all these requests for notarized papers. All she needs from you is a standard travel consent for the trip with your signature witnessed. And if she doesn't give you an itinerary, you shouldn't give her even that. No blanket travel consents, no blanket medical consents.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:45 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGreen View Post
Quite simply, she wants a legal document saying I agree to give her parents consent to make medical decisions for our child. Also wants this notarized too.....
Standard and forms part of a typically prepared lawyer travel declaration. This is what a typical one can look like:

re: name of child, dob, passport#:

1. I am the natural mother/father and parent of *kidlet*. I share custody with *kidlet's* other parent, **.
2. *Kidlet* will be travelling with the kidlet's **, departing on or about ***, Flight ##, Airline, for a holiday in ** .
3. During her holiday, *Kidlet* will be in the custody and care of the said ** and will be staying at ** .
4. *Kidlet* will be returning on or about **, on Flight ##, Airline.
5. ** has my full consent to travel with *Kidlet* during this time.
6. I hereby authorize and consent to ** making any medical decisions for *Kidlet* during her travel, should same become necessary.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

^^^^ I wasn't aware a medical treatment clause was standard practice - thanks for catching me up.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:39 AM

Nurse_Lisa is on a distinguished road

We always use a travel form even if we are going across within the country. When we went to France from England they grilled my daughter and I as we were travelling with my current husband with a different name. I brought letter (notarized), court order with custody and long form birth certificate just in case.
The itinerary and contact number is a must.

Ive never done anything like this. Ive given my kids care card when traveling with grandparents, but never a note. Good luck hope everything works out