Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is child support included in ss calculations?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Blink. My point is, it's not THERE. Going and searching for it is a wild goose chase, because it doesn't exist. Nobody seems to CARE that this problem exists in this forum. If I am wrong, then SHOW me - but I'm NOT wrong, and all the unsubstantiated assertions in the world that I am wrong won't change that.

Comment

Also, Blink, I noticed that you avoided answering my question.

If the answer is yes, then prove it. Right now, I present this thread as evidence that this forum is openly hostile to women seeking information about spousal support. I invite you to present evidence that it's not. That is not me asking someone else to do my work for me. My contributions to this thread have been considered and careful, without resorting to snappy one-liners or sarcasm, which is in fact ALL I have received in return. I am hardly the one to point fingers at in terms of laziness in this discussion. I am still waiting for someone - anyone - to engage in a thoughtful manner in this discussion.

Comment

A search on "spousal support" turns up the maximum number of threads at 500.

Are you telling us that there is no good information in the more than 500 threads on the topic?

You're full of shit.

While I'm not an expert on SS, many others are. There is a wealth of good information on this site about SS. Even from the men here. Check the dozens and dozens of good posts from NBDad or billm on SS.

And too bad so sad love Dad if you have to sift through some emotional garbage to get at it. No one here promised to serve it to you in bed on a silver platter.

The price is right so roll up your sleeves and get busy. And stop crying.

Comment

This took about 30 seconds:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ort-last-8831/

F'n pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by canadamama View Post
            OK here's a question then.

IS this forum an appropriate place for women to come seeking information about their entitlement to spousal support?
            Yes.

If yes, could someone please direct me to any thread in which this matter is discussed without her character being attacked? Honestly, I have done a lot of reading here, and I haven't found one yet.
            Try HERE.

No, Blink. My point is, it's not THERE. Going and searching for it is a wild goose chase, because it doesn't exist. Nobody seems to CARE that this problem exists in this forum. If I am wrong, then SHOW me - but I'm NOT wrong, and all the unsubstantiated assertions in the world that I am wrong won't change that.

Also, Blink, I noticed that you avoided answering my question.
            Fine, answered, happy?

If the answer is yes, then prove it. Right now, I present this thread as evidence that this forum is openly hostile to women seeking information about spousal support. I invite you to present evidence that it's not. That is not me asking someone else to do my work for me. My contributions to this thread have been considered and careful, without resorting to snappy one-liners or sarcasm, which is in fact ALL I have received in return. I am hardly the one to point fingers at in terms of laziness in this discussion. I am still waiting for someone - anyone - to engage in a thoughtful manner in this discussion.
            Prove it? No, do your own research. If you can honestly say you've read every thread on the topic and can't find any useful or relevant info then you might have a valid point. Currently, you don't. If you have an issue, consider starting your own thread to address it rather than hijacking someone else's every time you want to make a point.

Kthanxbye!

Comment

snappy one-liners or sarcasm, which is in fact ALL I have received in return.
              THAT should tell you something, Einstein.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

It took me less than a minute to link her lazy ass to a decent SS thread.

Prove it? PROVE IT? Sounds like a school yard tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                  This took about 30 seconds:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ort-last-8831/

F'n pathetic.
                  LOL - you know what is pathetic? That you had to find a thread that none of YOU lot participated in! NB Dad was the only person to even attempt to offer helpful information in this thread, and is the only person from this thread that participated in the one you directed me to.

No WONDER you don't care about the problem - you ARE the problem!!

Comment

So you demand that we do your looking for you? And then we when we do it and it clearly shows that YOU ARE WRONG after less than one minute looking, you change the rules?

I never professed to be an expert on SS. Indeed (confidential to you know who) I have said many times here that I'm not an expert. Ask me about custody/access and division of family property and I'm da bomb.

What I do know about SS is that I paid it for four years to my ex and you will NOT find one singleton post by me that gripes about it. I had the means and she had the need, so I willingly agree to it, I paid it and I NEVER complained about it. So PROVE IT, go find a post by me, any post where I complained about paying her!!!

I'm the problem? You're a bitch. F**k you very much.

Comment

LOL - you know what is pathetic? That you had to find a thread that none of YOU lot participated in! NB Dad was the only person to even attempt to offer helpful information in this thread, and is the only person from this thread that participated in the one you directed me to.
                      Well, DUH: That's because NBDad is our token "woman liker" ... the rest of us are rabid anti-XX'ers and belong to a secret club. And, no you CAN'T come in our clubhouse.

Oh, and, swallow the effin' pill. You asked for evidence and you got it; can't change the rules now. Nyah-nyah.

Cheers!

Gary

XY Űber alles!

Comment

Narcissism | Define Narcissism at Dictionary.com

Comment

troll (from Urban Dictionary)
                          One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Comment

So you're saying that dtte is nothing but a troll and therefore he's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                              Should I tell him to F*ck off? Tell him he is full of shit? Call him a narcissist, or other, even more profane names? Because that would be the level of discourse that you and he (and Gary M, etc. etc. etc.) seem to prefer, rather than actually responding to genuine concerns being aired in an intelligent and respectful fashion.

This forum is what YOU all make it, and it is what it is. I am just calling you out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                                And in response to your question, I am saying that he purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts arguments and attacks others on this forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his peers. He sparks of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'You're a bitch. F**k you very much.' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

... and that therefore he is a troll - ditto for you, Mess, at least in this thread.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X