No announcement yet.

so very URGENT for your advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LovingFather32: I completely agree!! I am trying to convince my ex to use her free time to go back to school and earn a better education and therefore get a decent job. In turn showing the kids a proper role model.

However, she and the new boyfriend disagree. Her comment was," why waste all that time in class each day, to only find a job that pays less or as much as what I take in today,"

Untill "equality" is raised into family law.....its the law and legal today.

Comment

Deep breath in and out. My ex already warned me that the Xmas gathering would be disastrous (because of how they will continue to treat me). I am like, so why put us all through this at Xmas then?

So confused!

Comment

Thank you!! I am going to look into TOUGH LOVE!

Comment

SORRY,

I am intitled to one last year of itty bitty SS and I am going to take it. He lied about his income for years, so I actually haven't been receiving what I should. And, I stayed home raising our children and getting my special needs all the supports he needed, which could not have happened if I was working.

I just finished up college this past June and am currently only making about 300.00 a month ON CALL at my job. It is on call casual, but it is a foot in the door. I can only pray putting the skills on my resume will land me a full time job very soon! p.s. My ex is asking for child support of me now. Which is fine, but |I don't know how much I can offer when only making 300.00 at current.

Comment

God bless you Arabian!

Yes, I was only asking how do I deal with teens and how they treat me. I am reading some parenting "teen" books now and also receiving counselling. I am having a huge issue with the ex's claim of psychological abuse. I don't know how to counteract that. I mean, if anything, I felt like my children were abusing me. As for my ex, he has abused and bullied for years. Do, I finally bring this out in the open, in court? The pain has caused me years of suffering.

I am shocked that this is happening. I truly am.

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie76 View Post
              Arabian: I am starting to understand why so many people ignore your posts.

Maybe I should marry you too, then I could support you and help your ex. God forbid you actual work and support yourself. Oh dear god no...you poor thing.

I know of 3 women personally that receive SS from multiple ex husbands.....life is good....they never have to work ever again. You wouldn't happen to fall into that category now would you? Now....Im not saying its wrong to live of the bails of others....it is legal after all.....
              Hey you stupid f*ck. I have worked since I was 16 years old and continue to work to this very day. I financed a business.

Take your misogynist ideology somewhere else.
              Last edited by arabian; 12-21-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Where is the Light View Post
                God bless you Arabian!

Yes, I was only asking how do I deal with teens and how they treat me. I am reading some parenting "teen" books now and also receiving counselling. I am having a huge issue with the ex's claim of psychological abuse. I don't know how to counteract that. I mean, if anything, I felt like my children were abusing me. As for my ex, he has abused and bullied for years. Do, I finally bring this out in the open, in court? The pain has caused me years of suffering.

I am shocked that this is happening. I truly am.
                I think if your ex was stupid enough to accuse you of psychological abuse in court documents that he has probably done himself a great deal of harm insofar as family court. The onus is on him to prove this. Sit back and enjoy the ride. My ex, with competent legal counsel, tried to say I was a bad mother because I had our housekeeper toilet train our son (ummmm this accusation was made at the time our son was 27 LOL). Get ready for cccccraaazy shit. Deadbeats/liars deflect. He is merely looking to get a bad reaction out of you. Don't react.

Comment

Amen to that!!

Comment

don't react at all? like I was asking, do I not share all the abuse documentation, text messages emails and witnesses to what I under went with him? It is so sad to say that my teens are actually starting to act like him. They would come home from being with him and swear at me and make demands as he has done/does.

I am not sure what direction I am taking in this? What do I reply to these court papers |I received?

My ex dragged me into court so many times over fighting spousal support, house contents, everything material, I simply do not have any more money for a lawyer, so I don't know how to go about completing this documents being required. I have so much school debt for having been in school the past three years.

Thoughts about angles I take, where to get support in completing this paperwork that I haven't a clue how to/what to do?

Thank you.

Comment

Start by going down to your local family law centre. You have to get a grip on the various forms that you need to file to respond.

What specifically is your ex's claim? Presumably he has filed a motion and had you served? His material change of circumstances is? (children moving in with him I'm guessing).

The forms are downloadable off the internet.

Without reading everything it is difficult to give specific advice....

Comment

I would say that you don't respond to the crazy shit (allegations of psychological abuse). Instead you simply list your 'parenting plan' and emphasize you discourage inappropriate behavior and expect adherence to normal household rules (respect each other, no foul language, homework, etc.). Keep your brief short and to the point. Only include stuff that you can corroborate....

Comment

It is called a motion to change. Other things are a change information form, affidavit in support of claim for custody and access. I picked them up yesterday, December 20th. Do I have a certain time I have to respond to/submit forms somewhere?

He is asking for court costs. Change in custody/child support to him. I think that is it (if I am understanding these properly).

Not sure what I am to do/what forms to complete. Do I type a rebuttle?

I am in such disbelief (I truly am), that this has happened.

Comment

Do I put that in a letter within the court documents/forms?

I am not getting why he put he is allowing the kids to see me ''when they so wish". AND then he text me yesterday asking me if I will have them every other weekend?

Comment

I still have a ton of school debt (26K) and only an on call casual job I recently incurred. How much am I expected to pay for these court costs he is asking that I pay for?

Comment

GO TO YOUR LOCAL COURTHOUSE WITH THE FORMS YOUR RECEIVED and ask the staff what reply is needed for the forms your ex sent you. This forum can't help you much because we can't see the forms and can't walk you through them. Perhaps take a friend with you to help you stay focused and concentrate on what needs to be done, not on all the emotional nonsense flying around. Try to separate the things that need to be done from the way you feel about what is going on. Make a list. Do it now, before things close for the holidays.

Ignore Links, he is obsessed with his ex being a prostitute/whore/slut (his words, not mine) and therefore all other women must be the same. I don't know what Newfie's deal is but he's not worth paying attention to.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X