CS Arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Arrears

If child support is the "right of the child" then how can arrears be forgiven?

My ex and I are trying to work out a settlement, he only recently started paying table child support. He owes $8,000. in back payments over a 21 month period.

Any suggestions on how to negotiate this?

Dont.

You agree to him paying an extra $50 or something else each month until its paid.

Comment

I'd get FRO to work out a deal with him. He's a big boy and his financial situation is no longer your concern.

Comment

Arabian, I would have to go and get a court order for the arrears before FRO would enforce. We are trying to work this out ahead of our next court date.

Comment

I would not make any concession to reducing arrears...get a court order asap. Once FRO owns it you can opt to lower it at any time or not (don't let him know that). All future calculations and "deals" would be between him and FRO. Depending upon his finances he can opt for as little as 50.00/month to pay arrears.

He had 21 months to get his act together but chose not to.

Don't be duped. Tis but a stalling tactic on his part.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X