Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce consent

Hi,

Just wondering what happens when you don't consent to divorce when you are served (within 30 days ). I have separation agreement, can ex spouse stop child support since I did not consent to divorce? and should I answer back?

Thank you,

Shana

You should immediately consult with a lawyer.

Comment

Thank you, I did, my lawyer filed an affidavit instead of an Answer and now I have missed the deadline to Answer.

Comment

The courthouse did no accept the affidavit alone, stating is should be accompanied by an Answer.

Comment

Originally posted by shaana567 View Post
          Thank you, I did, my lawyer filed an affidavit instead of an Answer and now I have missed the deadline to Answer.
          The courthouse did no accept the affidavit alone, stating is should be accompanied by an Answer.
          Your lawyer doesn't know what he/she is doing. Get another one. An Answer must be served and filed following the request. Ask the other party to consent on filing a late answer with the proper form stating that you were on time but the courthouse did not accept the wrong form. They should accept showing they are reasonable and willing to move forward with the case.

Comment

why not consent?

Comment

Thank you, I will be looking for a new lawyer.

Comment

Should you always consent a divorce call?

Comment

Should you always consent a divorce call?

If you have a separation agreement already in place why wouldn't you consent to the divorce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After I missed the deadline the lawyer advised me that if I have a separation agreement, I do not need to Answer, which confused me then why the affidavit?

Is this true? Should you always Answer regardless whether you have a separation agreement or not?

I wanted to Answer because some information in the divorce form he served were incorrect.
                    i.e separtation date >>> 6 year differenc

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X