DRO conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRO conference

There is a significant change in CS that I have been trying to get since last July..
    Can a change in child support be ordered (temporary or not) at a DRO conference?

Not likely. Ask for it but the DRO is normally not a judge or a retired one. DRO conferences don’t accomplish much if neither party is willing to resolve a dispute.

Now, the DRO may advise the other party it would be a good idea to pay cs and or advise them it will not help their case but again, no interest in resolving=no resolution.

Comment

I really need that order to change child support.

Comment

Originally posted by podric View Post
        I really need that order to change child support.

Yes but you have to go through the process to get it.

Comment

Is your current income set or imputed, or does it change yearly?

Presuming you've provided all the disclosure necessary you may get the other side to agree to a change temporarily, with the help of the DRO, while they work out their case. Failing so, having met the requirements - you would bring a motion following the cc asking for same, with the addition of cost.

Comment

Is your matter going to a “Family Management Conference” or is it simply a Dispute Resolution Conference? If the first, you may get a temporary order.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X