Good summary chapter on Procedure and FLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good summary chapter on Procedure and FLR

I am attaching a chapter that I found online which gives a good overall summary of some of the procedures in Family Law. Might be helpful for those newbies who are fresh and just starting out (or for us oldies who feel beaten to a pulp and run over by the cement truck of family law....just sayin')

Procedure and the Family Law Rules

http://rc.lsuc.on.ca/pdf/ht/famProce...lyLawRules.pdf

It outlines the procedures well but the rest reads like a work of science fiction. I take great offence that the author states that the goal of litigants is to settle or negotiate or that a judge's goal is to assist people to settle or negotiate. I call bs!!!

When a case goes to court and is high conflict there are two spouses at war, one is unreasonable and their goal is the utter destruction of the other, the other spouse is simply trying not to be destroyed. There is no negotiating or settling!!! Duh...

The lawyers are like bookies at a dogfight, poking legal sticks at their charges to aggravate them and make the fight more bloody.
    The last thing the judges and the court system are doing is promoting reasonable discussion, negotiating or settlement. That's like a surgeon saying that amputating both your legs will improve your vision.

The chapter does indicate court procedure but for the rest the writer is on drugs! The goal of one spouse is to obliterate the other ( and sometimes their children too) while the other spouse simply wants to come out the other end alive.

The goal of the family court system including lawyers and judges is to financially rape a family in order to line their own pockets .

Comment

Still breathing I hear you. Family law is the biggest form of hurtful stupidity ever and robs children financially and emotionally.
      To the fool who wrote this procedure I hope you feel and experience what I have been through and lose all your money and your kids too with police and lawers and judges all making up the law as they go along erring on the side of caution,, listening to accusations without evidence. Dumb ass lip service. Ignorance must be bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post

The lawyers are like bookies at a dogfight, poking legal sticks at their charges to aggravate them and make the fight more bloody.
        The last thing the judges and the court system are doing is promoting reasonable discussion, negotiating or settlement.
        The mistake that most of us make is trusting the "system" to help us at a time in our lives when we are most vulnerable. We see judges and lawyers as good, decent, God-fearing people who want justice for all - that's in a perfect world ... the truth is once they have your file you can say by-by to your financial security and your innocence!

I played this thing by the rules for three years, I was honest about disclosure, did my best to be fair with the Ex and was very pro-settlement from day one. It made no difference to the judge ...

Ex had highly aggressive lawyers and the cash to pay their fees. I survived and somehow managed to obtain a reasonable settlement (just barely) - though it could have taken 3 months out of my life, not 3 years!!!

Make no mistake, family law IS a very lucrative form of extortion, settle as fast as you can if at all possible.

Comment

LOL....how right you all are. Maybe the publisher will let you write an addendum to the chapter? Honestly, i totally agree but I didn't take as much offence to the chapter as you all did...meant it for information only. Information is power in Family Law. Perhaps this would gave been a more accurate opening to the chapter?..."Welcome to the sniper pool...this chapter will discuss family law procedure on how to bankrupt your clients for a process that will leave them emotionally and financially devastated at a time when they are most vulnerable." lol

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X