Finally over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally over.

Well. My lawyer told me my ex accepted my offer. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Been over a decade of fighting back and forth.
    My lawyer has asked her lawyer to prepare the separation agreement and then I guess we sign and it is filed in the courts. Is there anything else that is done once an offer is accepted. What are my next steps other then writing her a big fat cheque.

That’s it. It is really a bit of an emotional let down so to speak. All this time and then preparing for court and suddenly they accept an offer and it ends. It is nice to get on with your life though!!

Comment

It was like a heavy load was lifted off my shoulders. What a relief It is to know u now can move forward without worrying about what there next move is. It was an emotional roller coaster. I can’t wait to finally sign the separation agreement and get my divorce finalized. Any idea how long that can take?

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
        It was like a heavy load was lifted off my shoulders. What a relief It is to know u now can move forward without worrying about what there next move is. It was an emotional roller coaster. I can’t wait to finally sign the separation agreement and get my divorce finalized. Any idea how long that can take?
        Uncontested it will take about a month but you are 15 years out and have a separation agreement so plan to hoist your glass around St. Patrick's day.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X