No announcement yet.

Tayken and whoever else knows....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing you can't hid from is financial disclosure. Everything is tracked. MDs don't have a "cash" business. Orders for disclosure are easy to obtain. Prolonging the inevitable is only done to test the waters to see if you can financially crush the other party with legal fees so they stop or abandon their requests.

People with significant money (or Legal Aid) will try to financially crush the other party to force settlement or abandonment of the matter.

Comment

The one thing you can't hid from is financial disclosure. Everything is tracked. MDs don't have a "cash" business. Orders for disclosure are easy to obtain. Prolonging the inevitable is only done to test the waters to see if you can financially crush the other party with legal fees so they stop or abandon their requests.

People with significant money (or Legal Aid) will try to financially crush the other party to force settlement or abandonment of the matter.
      You hit the nail on the head Tayken. Ex bragged he had put "money away to pay for any legal fees he will need in the future to fight" me, implying I would never be able to afford a trial. I laughed and said "How convenient that he put it aside to pay legal fees but refused to pay an increase in child support".

I no longer qualify for legal aid but have retained the same lawyer. I am proud to say I am in a better place and am so much more knowledgeable than before. Thanks for the reassurance that an order may not be difficult. Desperate_Dad has given me wonderful advice on what to ask for but I didn't know what would happen if he continued to refuse disclosure.

ARABIAN, I laughed at your advice but kept it in the back of my mind too. I am sure my ex doesn't want his financial details on Canlii.

Have a great weekend all and thanks again for the advice.

Comment

If you are at a case or settlement conference, and you suspect someoine will not provide full disclosure on their form 13, due to rental income, how do you raise a motion at the conference? Can you orally state "I'm requesting a form 20 be completed due to hiding offgf income. I have paperwork to prove this due to the freedom of information act."?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X