X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsement of OrleansLawyer

Folks on the Ottawa Divorce Forum,

I will always suggest you learn the basics of the law from reading and research, but at some point legal advice is indispensable, even when financially strapped. I have met about ten lawyers over the years, two in particular were horrible, one should probably be in jail. If your're looking for a great criminal lawyer let me know. As far as family law lawyers, I fully endorse OrleansLawyer.

This is a huge endorsement on my part of OrleansLawyer. He is:
    • professional and respectful
    • knowledgeable about the law
    • responsive, in person, over the phone or by email
    • attentive to the issues that are important to you and the law
    • focused on removing the emotion from the situation ... perfect
    • to the point, will not beat around the bush

I'll be honest, I wish I had used OrleansLawyer's services about four years ago, I'm sure I could have shaved a lot of time and stress from my ordeal.
    I met in person with him, spoke over the phone twice in urgent situations and communicated at times by email.

The point is it may be tough to find a good lawyer, but now that I have experience with OrleansLawyer I highly recommend you contact him if you are looking for professional, prompt and knowledgeable legal advice in the Ottawa area.

He's an actual lawyer, I guess then, huh?

No offense to him meant - you just never know while on the interwebs.

Comment

I am pretty sure that OrleansLawyer has said in past that they do not give ANY legal advice here. I think he or she has also stated that any of his/her posts could be as random as a monkey bashing on a keyboard so as not to give ANY impression of legal liability.

Maybe OL has an opinion on this?

Comment

Maybe not give any specific legal advice here on ODF, but if you put him on retainer in person, one would hope you'd get some privately. Meanwhile, just the general explanations of the family law system and processes are very valuable.

Comment

No lawyer (or any professional) can give a professional opinion on the message board because it would be a professional liability if they got something wrong. They can't have a professional confidential relationship with someone over the internet. It just goes against all the professional rules and standards.

When Orleanslawyer is sharing his opinion it is as a private person, not as a professional lawyer, and he is very careful with his boundaries for good reason.

Comment

Let it be clear: I am endorsing the professional lawyer, not the comments on ODF.

I am not sharing any confidential information about him or our lawyer-client relationship. No one has asked me to endorse him, I just like to give credit where credit is due.There are many who have helped me on this forum, but if you need a lawyer, see if OrleansLawyer is available.
            Last edited by baldclub; 05-11-2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

That is what I thought.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X