Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to handle the constant requests for favors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle the constant requests for favors ?

I need some advice on how others are handling this.

My ex has fought me on every financial issue we have ever had .

That being said, she never stops asking for favors when she wants something.

I want to remain as civil as possible but everyone reaches their limit and I feel like I am there now . I just want to say, you never help me so why should I ?

How has everyone else dealt with a similar scenario ?

What kind of favours?

If its a case of taking the kids an extra day then definitely do it. If its cut my grass weekly tell her you are unable.

Comment

Agreed... will depend on the favour... always take the kids extra if you can, even if she won’t take them when you need her too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        What kind of favours?
        Got to get my mind out of the gutter

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          Got to get my mind out of the gutter

I was going to say “if they are sexual the answer is always no”. Hahahaha

Comment

When someone is continually asking for favors it is likely they are making these requests at inopportune times... putting you on the spot?

One way to possibly stave or stall these request is to simply, but firmly respond "I'll get back to you about that." Then consider the request, when not under pressure, and make your decision.

When you deliver your decision be firm. You do not owe anyone a detailed explanation. A simple "no" or "this doesn't fit in with my plans" would suffice.

You must get out of the habit of being someone else's doormat.

Comment

I think it depends, if the favor is serious and impacts the kids too, like car trouble or a real emergency. But if it is just cut the grass, change the tires, helpme with my taxes, give me ride kind of stuff I would say no. Im pretty non confrontaitousnal myself so I would just say I am busy, over and over and over until ex got the hint.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Without getting into too many details , ex decides to go against the separation agreement time and time again and expects that I will just go along with it . I do just about anything for the kids but won't lift a finger to help her anymore . Not my choice but thats how it has to be I guess .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X