This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standardization of security

The business process outsourcing industry in India refers to the outsourcing industry in India catering mainly to the western operations of MNCs. The key enabler for this has been affordable bandwidth leading to low telecom costs for leased lines and availability of educated English speaking workforce in India.

Approximately one million workers are estimated to be directly employed in the IT and BPO Sector. The related industry dependent on this are catering, BPO training and recruitment, transport vendors, security agencies, facilities management companies, etc

Nearly 75% of European multinational companies and US now use outsourcing or shared services to support their financial functions. Of European MNCs 72% have, outsourced financial functions over the past two years. Additionally, 71% of European companies and 78% US companies plan to use these services in the next 12-24 months. Overall, 29% of European companies and US expect to increase their use of outsourcing of financial functions, with spending expected to be nearly 16% higher than current levels.

Growth in this sector will get a further impetus as Indian BPO companies have robust security practices and emphasis is laid in developing trust with clients on this score. Even though earlier there were varying quality standards on this aspect, today there is focus on standardization of security, such as data and IP security.

Leading IT cities in India are Tier I cities Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata etc. however, with rising infrastructure costs in these cities, many BPO's are shifting operations to Tier II cities like Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Mangalore, etc. This is because Tier II cities offer lower business process overhead compared to Tier I cities, but may have a less reliable infrastructure system which may hamper dedicated operations. The Government of India in partnership with private infrastructure corporations is working on bringing all around development and providing robust infrastructure all over the nation.

dont know why this is here however that is definately sore spot for myself.......my job was outsourced to India........lost everything.....my career, benefits, pension, almost my house.......I now make less than half as much as I did at previous position and I have to pay rent, car, and support my child out of it.......definate sore spot for me........

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X