This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
    I'm boiling on the inside and very calm on the outside. It makes me so angry that she is willing to do this to the kids. She has no idea what it is doing to them and doesn't seem to care.'

This place is a great place to vent.

I just sent my lawyer an email.
    Let's take a step back and examine, shall we?

Let's not presume she is 'willing to do this to the kids', so much as she is being emotionl - and that fact is clouding her judgement.

The benefit of the doubt, please.

One day I am certain you will need same, if not is your personal affairs - than in some other aspect of your life.

One thing I've come to realize in discussion with family on my personal situation is that some of the 'mistakes' my ex has made can be seen as relatively reasonable from the other side.

I'm not trying to condone the behaviour, so much as say we are all human - and don't always do the right thing in the moment (in hind-sight).

We are all emotional creatures when it comes right down to it, and that deserves acknowledgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      I would offer to do her taxes, and have her disclose a cash income of $150,000.

Show that she has paid a lot of tax already, so she is getting a huge refund. She'll sign that one happily

This ^ is hilarious!

Comment

I can totally relate to what you are saying. My ex did the same thing to me whenever i was present in the house. there was no end to the things she said in front of the children. maybe your ex and mine are related lol.

i could not tolerate it anymore seeing what it was doing to my children and have bassically been forced to stay away from the home when she is pressent or she goes crazy.i grew up around yelling and fighting and could not let my children go through that. on my week with my children i have to take them out of the home.

i wish you luck.

Comment

I am working in my basement and my door is locked. STBX just came home and wanted to put her laundry on. Went nuts banging on the door.

She then said she was going to get her key....Which she did and then realized the lock was changed. She lost it banging on the door and screaming at me. I did not open the door.

She then told me she was going to take my car, using the spare key, to the laundry mat. Although I have both keys with me. She went up and then came back down yelling more. I then told her I was calling the cops if she continued.

She stopped but now I'm worried she is going to do something to my car. Key it or something. I am not leaving the basement.

She will be going to get the kids soon. I'm not sure how she will act when they get home too.

Comment

Did you have your tape recorder running?

If she keys the car or vandalizes anything else, take pictures, call the cops and make a report.

It is perfectly legitimate for you to have your own separate place in the house during an in-home separation.

Keep your tape recorder with you and on tonight. Stay away from her.

Its too bad there's not a place you can be in the house that she can't have an excuse not to bug you. Did you set up times that she can use the washer/dryer? If so, she should be following that schedule....there's really no excuse for her not to be allowing you private space within the home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
              Did you have your tape recorder running?

If she keys the car or vandalizes anything else, take pictures, call the cops and make a report.

It is perfectly legitimate for you to have your own separate place in the house during an in-home separation.

Keep your tape recorder with you and on tonight. Stay away from her.

Its too bad there's not a place you can be in the house that she can't have an excuse not to bug you. Did you set up times that she can use the washer/dryer? If so, she should be following that schedule....there's really no excuse for her not to be allowing you private space within the home.
              Yes my recorder was and is still running.

There is no laundry schedule. My room is not locked when I'm not home and I told her she could do it later when I leave and I'm not working.

She was very proud when she said she would go get her key. Then when it didn't work like two weeks ago she was not pleased.

Comment

Ignore her.

Her "dirty laundry" is none of your concern - pun intended LOL

Hope you can get your own place soon.

Hang in there!

Comment

Maybe you need to send her daily/weekly times that she can come and use the machine. Ie:

Dear Fruitloop:

As you know, we are both in the middle of a difficult in-home separation and both require privacy inside the home until we have an agreement to vacate. You have the private use of XX room and I have the private use of XX room.

Since the laundry facilities are unfortunately in my part of the house, I am letting you know that you may use the machines there on the following days at the following times. (schedule) At all other times, I ask that you refrain from continuing your attempts to access my private area. If you have relevant issues regarding the children, you are always free to email me.

The other alternative is that you may vacate the XX room that you now occupy and I will switch you for the XX room with the laundry facilities.

We both have a right to peace and privacy within our home until we are legally able to make new arrangements. I will continue to respect your privacy and ask that you do the same for mine.

Keep the tapes, date them...and keep any email responses. You might need them.

(you kind of have to laugh at her key not working...lol)
                  Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 04-26-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                    Maybe you need to send her daily/weekly times that she can come and use the machine. Ie:

Dear Fruitloop:

As you know, we are both in the middle of a difficult in-home separation and both require privacy inside the home until we have an agreement to vacate. You have the private use of XX room and I have the private use of XX room.

Since the laundry facilities are unfortunately in my part of the house, I am letting you know that you may use the machines there on the following days at the following times. (schedule) At all other times, I ask that you refrain from continuing your attempts to access my private area. If you have relevant issues regarding the children, you are always free to email me.

The other alternative is that you may vacate the XX room that you now occupy and I will switch you for the XX room with the laundry facilities.

We both have a right to peace and privacy within our home until we are legally able to make new arrangements. I will continue to respect your privacy and ask that you do the same.

Keep the tapes, date them...and keep any email responses. You might need them.
                    Very good idea.

I will send something along that line now.

She for some odd reason very loudly announced to me that she was leaving for the weekend. Her weekend with the kids.

Not sure why I would care.

Comment

I went out of the room and my STBX broke the handle right off the door.

I need to take pictures and send it to my lawyer. The door still locks but on the other side all there is a post.

So looks like I need to buy another lock.

Comment

hope things improve for you FB
                        Last edited by arabian; 04-26-2013, 06:51 PM. Reason: deleted post as it isn't fair to fb to be on his thread for mundane things

Comment

I hope the same for you FB... that must be stressful. Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post

hope things improve for you FB
                            Less than 2 weeks until my motion. It's been a long 6 months since the case conference

Comment

/popcorn

Crazy is as crazy does man...

CLICKY!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X