Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 02-23-2021, 03:19 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
It's also de-escalated by giving up control over certain appointments. D4's dad and I alternate routine appointments and send emails on the outcome of the appointments. Although- dad usually asks that I take her and update him on the medical stuff. I'm okay with that.
For healthy children not much churns on who goes to doctors appointments. I agree that rotating them or both parents going should be the norm. So many people unfortunately try to use basic routine stuff to establish themselves as the primary parent. I hate the concept of "primary parent" and its frowned upon these days.

I once heard a judge in Peel loose their mind on a parent who was claiming to be the "primary parent" because they were the parent that trimmed their child's nails and took them for haircuts. The judge lambasted the lawyer for the argument it was amazing.

It boiled down to the fact that they were basic things that any person could do with below average intelligence and that if the child always comes to the other parent with a hair cut and trimmed nails when could the other parent demonstrate their ability to do these basic things? The judge basically looked at the other parent who didn't do these things and suggested that the person (who had very high level of education) didn't appear to be someone that would cut the child's fingers off when trimming their nails. (I believe it was Justice Lemon but, it could have been Mossip. I forget now...)