Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Common Law Wife Wants To Marry? But?

Hello:

My Common Law Wife Wants to Marry me after 24 years of living together which i am all in for. What do we have to do? Her 1st Husband who she still carry's his name is now deceased about 6 months ago.

PLEASE - any help would be greatly appreciated.

We Live in Brantford, Ontario

Thanks in advance...

all you have to do is go to city hall and get a marriage licence, as long as neither one is legally married to anyone else. Once her first husband died (if they were not divorced) that ended that marriage.

Make sure that you read stuff on this site to protect yourself and her in regards to financial and property issues.

Comment

So..??

So, are you saying we can go and ask for a marriage License without getting his death certificate?? As his Mother will not give it to her? And we do not know how to get it.

She left him like 26 years ago, but was VERY scared of him, and just moved away and never looked back, like i mentioned he died from LIVER failure around 6 months ago. She does not have her Marriage License from her 1st marriage.??

Thanks for replying..

Sincerely
      Rick

Comment

Does she know where the final arrangements were taken care of? If so, yshe can purchase a death certificate from the funeral parlor.

If not, she can order the death or marriage certificate online at:
        https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do?lang=en.

Good Luck

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X