This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accountant in Vancouver?

Hi there, I was separated in 2010 and I am looking for some advice on how to move forward with filing tax returns going forward, 2010 is decided, but going forward, I am not sure how to handle childcare expenses, and listing our daughter as a dependent. I would like to have something written into my separation agreement. Any advice out there as to who I can talk to? thanks!

A

How often do you have your daughter? More or less than 40%? More than 60%?

Do you pay spousal support? Child support? Do you RECEIVE child support?
    Do you have a current court order? (interim or otherwise?) Do you currently receive the CCTB/UCCB at all?

The answer to your questions depends entirely on the above.

Comment

I have her 50% of the time, alternating weeks, I don't pay spousal support, (lump sum being pain June 1st) and I pay child support, as I make more than my ex does. there are no court orders, and I expect we will be filing for a divorce at the end of June. I don't receive any cctb or uccb, it is all under her name at the moment. (and my income would be too high to qualify I guess.)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X