• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexless Marriage

I found this article interesting:

Why I’m happier in a sexless marriage - MSN Living

<H1 class=articletitle>Why I’m happier in a sexless marriage

Can a long-term union be happy without sex? One 34-year-old mom says yes. She anonymously shares all the not-so-dirty details of why not getting busy led to her wedded bliss.
    </H1>

If two people agree to this in advance, then its none of my business but....

I'd be very surprised if two young healthy people agree to it and stick with that for the long term. The sex drive is primal, part of survival of the species.

Comment

What a waste, in my opinion.

As an aside, STD's are apparently quite frequent in retirement residences.

Maybe the young woman is saving herself for retirement years?

Comment

ha funny that one should mention the "later in our years" because I really do think a few of those fellows were getting more in their 90's than I ever...... Seriously I was told it was actually an issue that was "actively being dealt with on a constant basis ---- and as they really only said - "hey good for them as long as they pick a private place and well apparently doors were not always closed and imagine the nurses saying, "and geeze some of them really get vocal!!!

And the home where Mom was at I was told once actually tried to have an actively "free society". Plan A certainly didn't work and hey - I was still new when curiosity had me asking one of the nurses I got to know well, "Why is there a "Special Jar" on the nursing station counter??" They made sure the special jar was always full and the contents were always available for those who chose..... Ok I admit I was embarrassed right after I heard the answer.... Well at least we can still have things to look forward - as long as all remain consenting careful seniors!!!

Comment

I just did a google search of the subject and I have to say I'm dismayed that I'm considered a "senior" in the research. I guess anyone over 50 is lumped into the study groups.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those viagara-poppin old geezers when my time comes for a nursing home.

Comment

With reference to the article posted by PH.

I noted the young woman referred to sex with her husband as "doing the deed." I would consider the article credible if the partner had also contributed to the article.

As someone in their mid-50's (thereabouts) I used to be quite amused when I heard the same conversation when I was in my 40s. I recall one friend in particular stating that she really disliked sex. She went on to say how irritating it was when her spouse would "do his thing" and the bed vibrating was really quite irritating and frequently woke her from her sleep. Oh and yes, they too had a great relationship..... hello. Anyone home?

I say - grab the moment and every opportunity you have to have great sex with your partner.

Comment

I can understand having hiccups in your sex life with life changes like children, moving, etc but to actively decide just to not do it much doesn't seem like a very good idea. Besides having an active sex life is just healthy...not just for your marriage...but for your mind and body.

As far as age goes, I plan on twerking well into my 90s broken hip or not.

Comment

All the nagging and the chores AND no sex! Sign me up, he should pay her spousal support and child support right now too so he can get all the benefits of marriage up front.

My ex stopped caring about our sex life which for me was game over, having hiccups like PH said is normal but when a spouse doesn't give a crap, its Game over. They should get psychologicals/physicals done, sex is one of the best forms of entertainment among other things. Its like having tiramisu in front of you and never eating it...

Comment

Different people have different sex drives, and I can believe that two low-sex drive people might find each other and choose to have a happy marriage with little sex.

But to never discuss sexual compatibility ahead of time like this couple, have a more 'normal' sex life during the early part of the relationship and then coincidentally turn out to have the same low drive? I doubt it. One of them is lying/denying something...

Now if only the sexual relationship in marriage could be kept distinct from the chores relationship and the disagreement dynamic, more marriages would be healthier!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X