Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismissal Order

This question was posted in my Bio by a new member - j03_v

Good Morning, I don't seem to be having any luck with posting or email. I was just looking for some simple clarity about the Dismissal Order. Does it mean that the Divorce is over? My ex filed a simple Divorce Request over a year ago, and since I have received Notices for Dismissal, yesterday the Dismissal Order. I would like clarity as from what I have found and heard from civilian colleagues, I am just not sure anymore. thanks Jeff, from a newbie who just wants clarity.
    J.

I'm no lawyer but from what I gather it means they basically tossed the Divorce Request so you are NOT divorced.

If you want the Divorce to go through then you would need to reapply with a new request (in Ontario it would be a Form 8A "Application for Divorce")

Comment

thank you.

Comment

Agreed with Dunnmom, if your ex started the process but nothing was scheduled you would each receive in the mail a notice of pending dismissal for inactivity for 365 days. At that time, you would choose either to schedule a motion/case.conference to keep things active and moving forward or do nothing and it is dismissed. if dismissed, you will need to start the entire process over.

Comment

Is it possible to go thru the process quickly?

Thank you, if both are in favor of the divorce, and neither contests the order once restarted, is there a way to go thru the process more quickly ? thanks again.

Comment

Depends if you have kids and if there are CS/SS orders to be made. If no kids, no property issues, equalization etc is taken care of it is fairly straight forward:

How to Prepare an Uncontested Divorce by Simple Application | The Law Society of Upper Canada

Comment

Good to know, will get it going. Thanks All for your quick replies.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X