Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truisms Exposed?: The difficulty with the term “abuse”... (Case Law)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by health View Post
    goo luck and must exit. i am thrown 3 years back to my misery. i don;t want to be involved anymore.
    Probably for the best that you "exit", just in these bizarre postings become noticed by your partner, and become part of an OCL/ Section 30 assessment for your trial.

Comment

That's now the 2nd time (since I've been on the forum) that Tayken has posted the case law from a very high-confict case and the most HC litigant involved has outed themselves.

Very interesting....its almost as though they can't help but reveal who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
        Hi All,

This is a forum first. A "father", who claims to be a victim him(her?)self comes in and posts in a thread requesting the removal of names from publicly posted case law defending the "mother" of said case law who was found to be making false allegations of domestic violence.

Anyone else find this rather odd?

Good Luck!
        Tayken
        Yup, I think you nailed it.

Comment

Wow, this is frickin criminal - pretty much happened to me except in Quebec you don't need to claim domestic violence to get exclusive possession - you can just ask.

Comment

Hi All,

This is a forum first. A "father", who claims to be a victim him(her?)self comes in and posts in a thread requesting the removal of names from publicly posted case law defending the "mother" of said case law who was found to be making false allegations of domestic violence.

Anyone else find this rather odd?

Good Luck!
            Tayken

I've noticed this as well - it is odd, we seem to be getting a lot of ''new'' posters with trolling tendencies?

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
              I've noticed this as well - it is odd, we seem to be getting a lot of ''new'' posters with trolling tendencies?
              Aren't September and January the busiest separation months of the year

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
                at least this material appears to be original
                Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

yes, people should their concerns to addres thier concerns to the moderator.
                  There is a "private message" ("PM") feature on this site.

but when your posts make women who are really abused scared to come out and fight for herself, i worry.
                  Maybe it makes people who are choosing to make false allegations of domestic violence to think twice about doing it.

you should give credit to that woman in the case.
                  The advice I would give the mother in this matter is this:

Seek mental health treatment from a qualified psychiatrist.

my understanding she is a physician..why name herself health?? stupidity or psych?
                  1. People who make false allegations are from all walks of life. Being a clinician doesn't automatically mean that you will be "believed" by a justice hearing a matter.

2. Just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean they won't be "high conflict" or suffer from Axis II disorders of the personality. In fact, there is a common term known as the "god complex" that many physicians suffer from.

3. Someone's qualifications doesn't give them the right to make false allegations of domestic abuse and themselves abuse others.

Suffice to say, it is quite evident what your relationship to this posting is "health".

goo luck and must exit. i am thrown 3 years back to my misery. i don;t want to be involved anymore.
                  Good Luck!
                  Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                    That's now the 2nd time (since I've been on the forum) that Tayken has posted the case law from a very high-confict case and the most HC litigant involved has outed themselves.

Very interesting....its almost as though they can't help but reveal who they are.
                    Note that it is the "high conflict" (possibly delusional) part that comes to respond and defend themselves. The court room isn't just their stage. The whole world is. They can't help it because they thrive on conflict.

Comment

Interesting:

The case in this thread has already been cited (reflexed) in another case! By the Very Honourable Mr. Justice Pazaratz

Rifai v. Green, 2014 ONSC 1377 (CanLII)
                      Date: 2014-03-03
                      Docket: D1664/13
                      URL: CanLII - 2014 ONSC 1377 (CanLII)
                      Citation: Rifai v. Green, 2014 ONSC 1377 (CanLII)

Also, it references in para 22 a case VERY WELL KNOWN to this forum for which Justice Pazaratz authored as well.

This is an interesting case in that it clearly articulates who "soon" you should file a motion when a parent removes a child from their habitual residential jurisdiction. I will do up another thread specifically for this case law provided.

Just a quick note... If a parent removes a child from their habitual residential location/jurisdiction... Don't wait 10 months to bring your matter to court... Don't even wait 4 months. Do it immediately as everyone on this forum advises everyone facing a similar matter.

Good Luck!
                      Tayken
                      Last edited by Tayken; 03-14-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Yes, it needs to be done asap, every day counts!

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

Comment

In my case, my ex left and temporarily about 45 minutes away, the children shared their time equally between parents for 4 months. The day she with held the children. Was when my clock started. and I waited less than 24 hours.

Time is of the essence.

Comment

People who make false allegations of domestic violence have very well known patterns of behaviour. They are all well known to the courts. Most of them are probably Axis II disordered and need mental health support and treatment rather than a high-conflict court case.
                            Axis II Disorders: such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder Definition:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by behavior or a fantasy of grandiosity, a lack of empathy and a need to be admired by others. Narcissistic personality has a pathological unrealistic or inflated sense of self-importance, has an inability to see the viewpoints of others, and is hypersensitive to the opinions of others.

ONSET: Early adulthood and with a variety of contexts.

Comment

Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

Unfortunately it's not as easy as one would suspect to diagnose this disorder.

Much like ADHD has become a blanket term for children in schools, so has NPD in the court rooms in family law. Unless an experienced clinician makes this diagnosis over a number of sessions with a client it would be unwise to throw this term around in family law.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                                Unless an experienced clinician makes this diagnosis over a number of sessions with a client it would be unwise to throw this term around in family law.
                                I agree. Why people try it is beyond me!

My post was more to provide an example of the Axis II Disorder that was mentioned earlier in the thread for anyone that may not know what it is. I had to look it up too.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X