This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting Post Secondary Section 7 from EX

My Ex is required to pay 1/3 of my daughter's post secondary Section 7 expenses. I have submitted the receipts and calculations to my ex, but I have not received payment yet. How do I go about enforcing my ex's compliance with paying the 1/3. There is a court order stating that the 1/3 is required.

Take them to court. Maybe just the threat of it will make them pay up.

Or, register with FRO, and let them harass them.

Either way, if they dig in their heels, you might be looking at at least 1yr delay.
    Last edited by dinkyface; 03-17-2011, 05:40 PM. Reason: Bias! Oopsy!

Comment

Why did you assume it is "him"? It actually is "her", that is why I am "Caringdad". Once again, a natural assumption against males.

If I go to court, I will be self-represented. How do I start? What do I need to file to begin the process. I am pretty sure she will follow through once I start, I just want to get the process going.

Comment

Not 100% sure but I would think that it would be filing a Notice of Contempt.

You have the court order stating her responsibility.

The FRO won't do anything if it's not a actual $$$ figure. They will not go after her if it simply states she is to pay 1/3 (they don't do "calculations")

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X