This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purpose in suffering

On the weekend, I was watching 'The Miracle Maker' a story about Jesus. It's a classic animation. Always brings me to tears.

However, one line that really struck me was during the movie -- Jesus says "There is a purpose in suffering"!

Wow. It is so true. I relate this to the story I once heard about an Island and the coral reef. It is well known that the side of the island where waves constantly pound and move the water also happen to be the side of the island where the most beautiful things grow underneath. Now look at the other side of the island where no waves hit, normally it is dead and lifeless.

So our suffering (in this case, the waves) is really meant to allow us to grow into something more than what we currenlty are.

Hubby

purpose in suffering

Wow!!! Hubby

Those words are powerful and inspire some inciteful thoughts going forward. I would like to find that animated film. It sounds positive.

Thanks for that !

Comment

There is purpose in suffering - its called learning

Im not religious, however I think lessons can be learnt there.

Comment

Yes LadyLuck ... Life is about learning. Question is ... why must we learn? For what purpose?

Aint it funny sometimes in life. When people are faced against insurmoutable obstacles ... many people with call to a higher power or something greater than themselves ... it's almost insticutual.

You may not be religious, but you are something special ... and that is something you have to learn on your own, if you have not already.

Hubby

Comment

Sometimes we have to brought to our knees in suffering, so we will look up for help.

Through our trials and tribulations we find our God. Like a fine tapestry, our lives our woven together by strings of joys and suffering. Without suffering, how would we ever truly appreciate the joys?

Comment

Originally posted by WAHM_Witch
            Sometimes we have to brought to our knees in suffering, so we will look up for help.

Through our trials and tribulations we find our God. Like a fine tapestry, our lives our woven together by strings of joys and suffering. Without suffering, how would we ever truly appreciate the joys?

OK Wahm_Witch (hmm, being hungry at the moment, sounds like sandwitch ) and God knows the truth, you're in the club, I just have to find 10 more to complete it!

Hubby

Comment

10 more hubby?

Well you can make it 9 now. There have been many times (almost daily) when I have looked up and said "Lord my name is JO not JOB"

But I know what dosen't kill us makes us stronger, and wisdom is compensation for wrinkles. The purpose of the violent waves is to wear the hard rock into soft sand.

Comment

Jo and Job

"Lord my name is JO not Job!" I love it! You be in da club! Nine to go.

Hubby

Comment

Originally posted by hubby
                  Yes LadyLuck ... Life is about learning. Question is ... why must we learn? For what purpose?
                  To grow. This is how we grow.
                  Learning starts from the moment you are born, and if you're lucky, doesnt end until the day you die

I try to learn at least one new thing everyday.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X