Being mindful of legal fees for Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being mindful of legal fees for Trial

So here we find ourselves. We're heading to trial in the context of being denied access to my two children by their alienating mother.
    Our finances are very very limited, the OCL report is solid and completely unfavourable to her, and it has been recently fully endorsed by the long motion judge. This mother continue on her alienating practices towards the children and me.
    I don't believe she's willing to settle, she's not willing to promote a healthy and loving children's relationship with me, I believe she's so determined to eliminate me from children's life at all cost.

What I can possible do to prevent a self destructive tendency of my ex to continue on this path? We all know that no one is winning at trial, even if there is one winning party. All money goes to the winner's counsel, there is no winning party at trial. A trial cost is at least $50k. Can anyone give me an honest advice as to how to open my ex's eyes and mind to stop this rollercoaster of craziness? Ultimately our finances belongs to the children, not mine, not hers, not lawyers.

You are never going to reason with her. She is intent on destroying your relationship with your kids. This is a woman who fundamentally believes that hurting you is better than anything else and will go to any length to make it happen.

You could try to talk to her but her answer will more than likely be to drop your case.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X