Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank and credit card statements

Hi,

My ex and I separated near the beginning of 2012. Her lawyer is asking for my bank and credit card statements for 2012 and 2013. Do I have to provide them?

I feel that after the date of separation my financial transactions are my business and I don't have to disclose them. I should only have to provide my tax return to prove my annual income.

Thanks

Maybe because they think you are hiding revenue?

Comment

I'm currently reading your previous posts.

Any interim orders since you last posted?
      Last edited by arabian; 12-20-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Just one job with the same employer for years. Everything would show up on my income tax anyway.

Currently no support payments have been negotiated. Originally she didn't want anything but has since changed her mind and that is the reason we are rehashing everything.

Comment

I just posted an Alberta Court of Appeal ruling regarding child abduction, the Hague Convention and the child's right to determine where he wants to live.

Are you perhaps one of the parties in this action?

How old is your child? The child referred to in CanLII would be approx 12 yrs of age today.

That would be awesome if you were one of the parties mentioned in the CanLII case I posted today. We rarely get people on this forum who are willing to discuss their particular cases.
          Last edited by arabian; 12-20-2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

No, not me.

Comment

sorry, there were some similarities...

Back to your question.

If you are not self employed then I do not see the relevance of your credit card statements or bank statements.

I think it would be reasonable for you to request the reason for their inquiry.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X