Child support change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support change

Hi everyone. In my final divorce order it has the standard language of when a child ceases to be a "child of the marriage". In this particular case it is when my children graduate post secondary. In June my son graduates and would cease to be a "child of the marriage". I also have a daughter who is still in high school.

Does anyone know the exact paperwork to file for the change? I know what FO requires but I just want to make sure that the courts have the proper forms.

Thanks in advance

Child support change

Are you with FRO?

If you go on their site and look for forms, theres the application to discontinue enforcement of ongoing support. Youll want to get it in quickly so they can investigate.
    Last edited by rockscan; 03-01-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Yes I am. Thanks for the info

Comment

Does anyone know the exact paperwork to file for the change?
        It should go through as a motion to change on consent.

The documents you need are:

MOTION TO CHANGE ON CONSENT — CHILD SUPPORT ONLY

(18) If the parties to a final order or agreement want to ask the court to change the final order or agreement in relation only to a child support obligation, and the parties and any assignee agree to the change, the parties shall file,

(a) a consent motion to change child support (Form 15D), with all required attachments;

(b) five copies of a draft order;

(c) a stamped envelope addressed to each party and to the assignee, if any;

(d) a support deduction order information form prescribed under the Family Responsibility and Support Arrears Enforcement Act, 1996; and

(e) a draft support deduction order. O. Reg. 151/08, s. 4.

Citation: CanLII - Family Law Rules, O Reg 114/99

Comment

Thankyou so much Orleans lawyer. i appreciate the help

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X