Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terryfyde View Post
    He completed a Diploma

Doesn’t matter. It’s still considered a degree and a geology BA doesn’t guarantee a job. The forestry diploma does.

Comment

That doesn't even make sense. Definitely disagree with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by North of You View Post
        Let me just finish by saying….MGTOW!
        You must be confused, this is not an incel forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
          LOL. Good catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
            Not incel in the least. But after two divorces, I have come to realize…. I’m not good at this marriage thing. Wink…

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              Doesn�t matter. It�s still considered a degree and a geology BA doesn�t guarantee a job. The forestry diploma does.

It does matter in some circumstances and diploma is not considered a degree anywhere.
              Case in point:
              Sarah goes to college and gets a diploma in electronics.
              Sarah's marks and diploma qualified for an accelerated path to an engineering degree in university.
              20 year old Sarah decided to continue her education for a better start in life.

Saying a diploma and degree are the same thing is like saying a piece of meat between to pieces of bread is the same as a Druxy's Deli sandwich.

random google search brought up something about children obtaining 2nd and third degrees and child support still being paid:
              https://galbraithfamilylaw.com/blog/...child-support/

Of extra note there is a section in the article that states that courts are not bound by Separation Agreements that limited child support so that it is terminated after the first degree or diploma.

Comment

Not incel in the least. But after two divorces, I have come to realize…. I’m not good at this marriage thing. Wink…
                You can be not good at something without promoting a misogyny-based social movement.

That will.not be happening here.

Comment

Feminists are not considered anti masulinism
                  BUT masculnism is considered anti-feminism by?

Double standards galore and all complied of people of many different views with often the most extreme being used as the flag of the movement they are against.
                  By really MGO whatever? blah. Don't be extreme on yourself even as a joke. Causes problems.

Comment

It does matter in some circumstances and diploma is not considered a degree anywhere.
                    Case in point:
                    Sarah goes to college and gets a diploma in electronics.
                    Sarah's marks and diploma qualified for an accelerated path to an engineering degree in university.
                    20 year old Sarah decided to continue her education for a better start in life.

Saying a diploma and degree are the same thing is like saying a piece of meat between to pieces of bread is the same as a Druxy's Deli sandwich.

random google search brought up something about children obtaining 2nd and third degrees and child support still being paid:
                    https://galbraithfamilylaw.com/blog/...child-support/

Of extra note there is a section in the article that states that courts are not bound by Separation Agreements that limited child support so that it is terminated after the first degree or diploma.

Lawyers blogs are not indicators of actual results. I’ve done a deep dive in canlii and my husband’s lawyer had case law from lexpert for his case. Unless the child needs the additional degree to gain employment, the onus is on the parent seeking support to demonstrate it is needed. For this case, in their location and environment, kid would make more money in forestry than geology with the money already spent. If anything, a judge *may* allow one year paid until kid is 22 but thats an off chance.

And courts barely ever deviate from a separation agreement unless said agreement itself deviates from the law. I’ve read several cases where the judge cited the agreement in their decision. It’s only been for cases where an unknown happened like a special talent, a medical issue or market changes.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                      Lawyers blogs are not indicators of actual results. I�ve done a deep dive in canlii and my husband�s lawyer had case law from lexpert for his case. Unless the child needs the additional degree to gain employment, the onus is on the parent seeking support to demonstrate it is needed. For this case, in their location and environment, kid would make more money in forestry than geology with the money already spent. If anything, a judge *may* allow one year paid until kid is 22 but thats an off chance.

And courts barely ever deviate from a separation agreement unless said agreement itself deviates from the law. I�ve read several cases where the judge cited the agreement in their decision. It�s only been for cases where an unknown happened like a special talent, a medical issue or market changes.

I think I will go with a lawyer blog of general advice that is not drawing conclusions because it doesn't have the facts over someone on the internet whose is associated with someone and is providing a definitive answer with conclusive "facts" about employment,wages and course material/requirements that would be unreasonable to believe they know of the top of their heads and arguing that a diploma in Forestry is the same thing as a Degree in Forestry are the same thing.

Perhaps you are a professor teaching Forestry or working in the upper levels of Forestry Management?

You can always post those canli cases.

The person asking the question will do as they please but hopefully after further investigation and perhaps a talk with their child.

Thank You.

Comment

Feminists are not considered anti masulinism
                        BUT masculnism is considered anti-feminism by?

Double standards galore and all complied of people of many different views with often the most extreme being used as the flag of the movement they are against.
                        By really MGO whatever? blah. Don't be extreme on yourself even as a joke. Causes problems.
                        This isn't going to be debated here. You'll need to find a more suitable forum.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                          You can be not good at something without promoting a misogyny-based social movement.

That will.not be happening here.
                          You are confused about what MGTOW is. It has nothing whatsoever to do with misogyny. And calling the father of a daughter a misogynist is rather offensive TBO. You may want to be more careful about throwing around those kinds of words towards people you don’t even know.

MGTOW is when you have learned through experience, in my case two divorces, that a typical relationship is not worth the financial or emotional price of admission. So we stay away from marriage and common law relationships. It sure doesn’t mean we don’t still have girlfriends, nor are we misogynistic in any way.

Comment

I think you are confused about when I said this isn't going to happen here.

Comment

You are confused about what MGTOW is. It has nothing whatsoever to do with misogyny. And calling the father of a daughter a misogynist is rather offensive TBO. You may want to be more careful about throwing around those kinds of words towards people you don’t even know.

MGTOW is when you have learned through experience, in my case two divorces, that a typical relationship is not worth the financial or emotional price of admission. So we stay away from marriage and common law relationships. It sure doesn’t mean we don’t still have girlfriends, nor are we misogynistic in any way.
                              LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Go...0by%20feminism.

Like other manosphere communities, MGTOW overlaps with the alt-right and white supremacist movements,[4] and it has been implicated in online harassment of women.[5] The Southern Poverty Law Center categorizes MGTOW as a part of the male supremacist ideology.[6]
                              Quick! You need to update Wikipedia and the other definitions on the internet to your definition. Because what the world reads and defines MGTOW is quite different.

Let these news organizations know they got it wrong too and that their research and reporting is WRONG:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...now-mainstream

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/politi...n-way-movement

MGTOW forums banned on Reddit. LOL. You have to do something horrific as a community to get banned from reddit.

https://www.newsweek.com/reddit-bans...-rules-1616379

Comment

I wasn't debating I didn't even know what it was.

I don't get why the comment on it instead of editing out the the off the cuff original comments. A good example of how something so small can end up being a big litigious mess. Don't joke about in court and avoid or squash those small things early!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X