Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What form do I need to request a transcript of the proceeding?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What form do I need to request a transcript of the proceeding?

I require a copy of the Judge's remarks during a Long Motion. He indicated to my ex that he must cooperate regarding an ongoing payment that was to be made from that point forward. My ex is refusing to pay for that now. The judge stated his opinion on the validity of the debt and that unless my ex signed it during the break in session, that he was going to order the payment. Therefore it was not put into the order that day but my ex grudgingly went along with it in front of judge but didn't after.

My ex is trying to weasel out of the payment as the expense was incurred on account after that point and is currently outstanding and being litigated. He is trying to say it is only my debt.

I have about 4 weeks to get a copy of the oral remarks from the courthouse. I wondered if I could get some advice on the form needed to fill out to request this, how much it costs and how long it generally takes. This Motion happened in 2005. Also, are all Court proceedings made into a written transcript as a matter of course or only upon request?

Do you think I can refer to the Judge's remarks in my Affidavit or should I have a copy of the exact words spoken to the ex.

Thanks!

You'll need to get in touch with the court reporter's office at whatever court house the motion was heard. I don't know the answers, but they will. Call the main court house number and ask for the court reporter's office. You should have the exact date and time, and the judge's name available.

Ed

Comment

As mentioned already you can go and get them from the clerks. Your price will be about $3.95 per page...outrageous but true. For some reason more if the lawyer is asking for them. Did you have a lawyer at the time? If so try to see if they already have a copy in their file. Mine did and gave me a copy at my request. Worth a try.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X