false claims of being late..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• false claims of being late..

this can't get any more ridiculous.. the other parent is now sending me messages following visits that I'm dropping off child late on school nights.. is only doing it cause I started letting her know she was being late for pick-ups... I'm actually not late for drop offs and am right on time despite her ridiculous behaviors.

Is it best to just ignore these or respond? I sort of feel like she is just trying to bate me into conflict and to say I'm keeping child late on school nights because she reduced the pick up times....

Is a message 5-6 minutes after the pickup time letting her know that it's my parenting time and to bring the child suffice to document or is an email following the visit an absolute necessary ? What good can the email really do if I already have it in writing from her and her lawyer that she has reduced the time and will be showing up at her new time moving forward? lawyer and I have already communicated that we are not in agreement of the reduction in time.

I would simply diarize it each time. No sense sending multiple emails on the same thing. I would make note of each instance and then, once a pattern has been established, send an email respectfully requesting that she arrange for the child to be ready on time for your parenting time.

That said, a 5-6 minute difference can be attributed to clocks being off and the kid just being tardy with getting ready. If it starts to push to 10 minutes, that is when I would document it, unless it was each and every time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X