Disclosure requirements - ex's lawyer asking for ridiculous amount of info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosure requirements - ex's lawyer asking for ridiculous amount of info

Our separation agreement from 3 years ago states that only copies of tax returns and assessments are required to compute annual changes in income to adjust support, however I disclosed these and she ended up owing me money. Her lawyer now says they think something else is not reflected in the income of the tax returns, and is looking for a loooong expensive list of business activity, financial statements, etc...

We are not in court yet, no motions filed, the income tax statements reflect every dollar I have earned so it will still go my way, but it is burdensome to produce this info and they know that.

Am I under any obligation to provide her lawyer with anything other than what it states in the separation agreement (unless of course a judge asks for it)? Will it look bad for my case if eventually we do end up in court? Like I said, I have absolutely nothing to hide, just don't feel like disclosing all this personal info to my vindictive ex.

it all depends on if you have a business or are claiming certain business type expenses.

If it is just straight wage then they are asking for too much IMHO

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X