served late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• served late

Hello, my ex served me with a contempt motion today for next Thursday. This does not meet the timelines for service. I am currently trying to get a lawyer as we settled our order on a final basis in February 2019. Currently I am in talks with CAS and waiting on a letter from them to state what they feel is a safe plan for allowing access between our daughter and her mom. Mom was arrested in July, and her fiancee arrested in September. They were already not following the court order on their end, and rather than wait until we get a letter from CAS she is pushing for a contempt motion. Do judges care if someone does not follow the timetable for service? I really do not have enough time to file and serve her documents to defend myself in time for this. I have a lawyer meeting Monday afternoon to hopefully retain her and get things moving. I have very limited funds, but we make just over the threshold for legal aid.

Thank you.

You can ask for an adjournment which will be granted for you to get a lawyer.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X